NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Re: NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Gdkitty,

As much as I appreciate your time and the assistance you provide in this (and other) forums (no, I am NOT being sarcastic I really mean it), it is time to stop being a Rogers apologist over this point.  The Navigatr FAQs at:

https://www.rogers.com/web/support/tv/nextbox/9087?setLanguage=en

CLEARLY state:

Will these upcoming changes affect my current TV settings or recordings?

No, your recordings and settings will not be affected.

It's really nothing to do with trying to archive recordings.  If you recorded 3 programs last night or early this morning they'd be gone too before you had a chance to view them.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Gdkitty wrote:
You will be hard pressed to find ANY provider, which will ever GAURANTEE any recordings on a PVR.

Nobody has ever asked for a guarantee. We are all well aware of the pitfalls of technology and how it can fail at times. What most of us cannot accept though is the total incompetence of a company that time and time again introduces what they call "enhancements" which leads us to shake our heads in utter amazement! Not because these enhancements are good mind you, but because of how bad they are. There are not only issues with this new guide and how it has wiped out the recordings for many but also the general issue of simply how bad the guide is. It offers no improvements whatsoever - it has only made things more difficult. Trying to put a better spin on this for Rogers makes none of us feel any better - none of us!

I've Been Here Awhile

Complete garbage!  I can't even get into settings. 

Guess I need to look into Bell.  Everything has been wiped from my PVR.  Wishing for the good old days of recording.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@JohhnyRockets wrote:

@Gdkitty wrote:
You will be hard pressed to find ANY provider, which will ever GAURANTEE any recordings on a PVR.

Nobody has ever asked for a guarantee. We are all well aware of the pitfalls of technology and how it can fail at times. What most of us cannot accept though is the total incompetence of a company that time and time again introduces what they call "enhancements" which leads us to shake our heads in utter amazement! Not because these enhancements are good mind you, but because of how bad they are. There are not only issues with this new guide and how it has wiped out the recordings for many but also the general issue of simply how bad the guide is. It offers no improvements whatsoever - it has only made things more difficult. Trying to put a better spin on this for Rogers makes none of us feel any better - none of us!

I was not trying to put a better spin on it.

Just for the people saying that they will just switch providers.. just saying, that it can happen anywhere and they wont do anything for you either.

But everyone has to do what they beleive is best.  If that means switching, then switch. 
Ongoing complaining, doesnt seem to change things.. so someone sticking around HOPING for a change it may not happen.. may be better to leave.

I've Been Around

Lovely new Nextbox navigator. But where are the 40+ shows we had saved in the PVR not to mention all the shows that were scheduled record. All our previous PVR settings have been lost. Is there any way to recover the shows and prior settings?
Seriously unimpressed. Fancy new guides don't please me as much as being able to watch the shows I'd saved to watch at a more convenient time.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Gdkitty wrote:
Just for the people saying that they will just switch providers.. just saying, that it can happen anywhere and they wont do anything for you either.

But everyone has to do what they beleive is best.  If that means switching, then switch. 
Ongoing complaining, doesnt seem to change things.. so someone sticking around HOPING for a change it may not happen.. may be better to leave.

Look who called me this evening, out of the blue, offering a great deal on services:

We have 0 Bell products, yet when they called the first thing they wanted to do was verify the address they had on file. I asked where they got our info and then asked if there was a reason they were calling today of all days, given that Rogers had just flubbed the rollout of their new PVR software. Coincidence?.. they played dumb, saying they don't monitor what their competitors are doing.

I listened to their very generous offer for 20 minutes and told them to give me a week.

When they called, I was actually in the middle of typing a message on the Rogers "Contact us" form to request a call back tomorrow from whoever is responsible for the Navigatr project (or higher) - not only so I can get some answers to the questions all of us affected users have, but to request that they let me meet with the Navigatr team and provide them some guidance on the numerous usability issues already identified with this Navigatr software. That may sound ridiculous but it's even more ridiculous that a team of professionals can put out such an error-laden and poorly designed interface.

I can assure you the response I get will weigh heavily on our continuation as Rogers customers.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have a NextBox 3.0.

My existing recordings seem to have been retained, however a whole bunch of my scheduled recordings have vanished.

But that's not where it ends...This update is TERRIBLE!

- Ability to view separate lists of saved and scheduled shows: GONE

- Ability to view lists of saved recordings clearly ordered by date recorded: GONE

- Ability to see what's currently recording: GONE

The new list view is useless. Titles are truncated. Saved and scheduled episodes are counted together. What good is it to tell me there's 2 episodes when neither has been recorded yet?

Oh but wait, there's now 8 million ways to format closed captions. Guess that makes up for it.

Thanks for another win Rogers.

I've Been Here Awhile

All my programs on my Nextbox 2 were  wiped as well. I think Rogers should provide some renumeration to makeup for this disaster some programs cannot be recovered and they are not available through Shomi or other On demand/streaming  sites.

I've Been Here Awhile

Rogers has rolled out a new enhanced TV guide overnight and ruined all my PVR recordings and scheduling.  I woke up this morning to find a new guide I did not ask for (and not an improvement over the old one in my opinion) and disaster: all my recordings are gone.  All schedules for future recordings also wiped out.  

Any idea if these are recoverable?  if so, how?

I've Been Here Awhile

Yep, my PVR has been wiped clean.  So angry.

Can't believe Rogers is so careless about rolling out software.  Haven't they heard of testing before thrusting this inferior product down our throats?  I did not ask for an upgrade.  Was not warned that it will destroy all my recordings and future schedules.  

Time to switch to Bell?