NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Again, i encourage everyone who is posting and having this issue...

PLEASE post which model PVR you are using.

So far from what i have seen here and elsewhere.. only specifically seen people reporting the 8642.

It may help them sort out WHAT this problem is.. narrowing down the search to those specific units.

I Plan to Stick Around

I received the Navigatr update this morning. I can say that none of my recordings were wiped. This is on a 9865 and it would be interesting to know if anyone with a 9865 has lost recordings. All the ones reported so far have been identifed as happening on the 8642.

The revamped Recording screen is a total disaster and a huge retrograde. The previous Recordings page had lines of the 6 most recent recordings.  For each one there was the complete title, date, start time and duration and highlighting each line provided additional information including channel. Now, one has an arrangement of 6 portrait format boxes containing only a highly truncated title at the top and a 'New' indication at the bottom. No other information whatsoever! To find the recording you want, each box has to be opened to get any additional information.  

Another flaw I have experienced is when I select Resume for a recording, about 50% of the time it goes back to the start.

The only pro. I have found at all is that the elapsed time bar is nicely slimmed down but it still stays on too long - about 10seconds.

I've Been Here Awhile

I've also had this problem. 0% Full when showing recorded shows. 

Model: 8642HD

I've Been Here Awhile

Sadly after reading all these post I have to conclude that my PVR has been completely wiped, all 94% and change of it, zapped by this "new navigatr crapola update". The very least they, rogers, could have given a heads up on the change and an opportunity to OPT OUT!

Like OLDYELLR wrote

"Could you just imagine the uproar if Microsoft pushed through an update that wiped out cstomers' hard drives? This is absolutely irresponsible and unacceptable!"

And I could not agree more.

What the heck was wrong with the other interface? Reminds me of how the govt operates. Some talking head comes up with a bright idead that is really a non-starter to begin with and to justify their salary pushes on a project that touts progress but is really a lame duck.

If there was a feature on the pvr to refuse updates I'll have that turned on.

Man I'm really teed-off

I'm a Senior Advisor

So what I'm reading here and on Digital Home, it's the 8642 (NB2) PVRs that got wiped and the NB3 just messed up a bit. So much for Rogers beta testing before release.  But it's not unusual for older hardware to be overlooked when new software is released.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Although going forward GdKitty I am sure the support is not going to be there for the NB2's and the damage has been done.
I've Been Around

Two NB2s.  Both wiped.  Why do the big cable companies continually create problems for their customers.  The only time they care about you is when you are with the competitors and they want you back.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@HarleyMama wrote:
Although going forwardGdKitty I am sure the support is not going to be there for the NB2's and the damage has been done.

Here's what would be a brilliant PR move by Rogers. Rather than just apologizing, upgrade all customers' NB2s to NB3s at no increase in cost. Lots of damage control to do out there.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

My PVR was 90% full. 1TB drive. Cisco Explorer 8642HD. Now 0% full. Wiped clean this morning of all existing recordings and all scheduled recording info.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm giving it a few days before being really disappointed. This may be the result of a problem with the software and recognizing the old recordings rather than our recordings actually being erased. We'll see over the next few days.