NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Yeah, i love that i have a fall-back should Navigatr prove to be too much to handle!  The last update to the box was done in Nov/12 yet apparently, there has been patches to fix certain issues people had - eg. box rebooting with 'FAIL' on display and a continuous loop with the same error appearing.

I am duplicating my recordings for the next couple of weeks just to check Navigatr records all i've programmed it to - just for giggles, i went to check to see the 'record' light was on after 9 PM because i had a recording for that time - it was recording on the 8300HD box but not on the Nextbox???  Checked if it was set to record - it was but an hour later - checked guide to see if the program was on at that time - it is.  So we'll see if it gets recorded.  Another program set for 10 PM was not set to record even though i pretty sure i'd set it to do so - had to find it scheduled later tonight and set it to record!

Maybe i should do a reboot on the Nextbox and see if it fixes some little things i've noticed such as the above.

I've Been Around

The update wiped my drive too. Needless to say but I will anyway, I was less than impressed. Also, I have a very difficult time reading the white font on the new background   Please add an option soon to allow the user to modify colour and font size.  Second also, I do not like the All Recordings bunching recorded with scheduled shows together. It is now more time consuming to filter through everything especially with the graphic view. I would like to see the list view returned. 

Because of where I live I'm stuck with Rogers. Seems to be problem after problem. 

It sure would be nice if they actually listened to users once in awhile 

Lulu

ps, it also took several reboots for my 2 PVRs to see each other. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Well:

I guess, I can add myself to the list of users whom the latest update wiped my driver as well..

Hello @jlogicbud

Having the entire content your your PVR completely wiped out is definitely not a great experience. Smiley Sad 

We'd like to look into the issue with the recent update wiping your PVR hard drive. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps the next time you're online and we can take a closer look.

For more information on our private messaging system check out our blog.

Regards,

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jlogicbud: I haven't heard of the firmware wiping a drive in over a year.  Have you preformed a reboot to see if the "list" comes back.

What do you see when you go into the list?  Did you do a "Factory Reset" under "Troubleshooting" instead of a normal reboot?

Is the PVR recording properly now?

I Plan to Stick Around

Great, now it's messed

Just tried a "factory reset" as 57 suggested and now I get the following message

"The User interface is currently not available. Attempting an automatic reload after 1 minute. If you continue to seee this message after multiple automatic reloads Please contact customer sevice 888-764-3771"

After 15 minutes of waiting, I unplugged it and it keeps coming back to the same message. Guess I'll call the number now.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jlogicbud :  I did not ask you to do a Factory Reset. I was wondering if you did a Factory Reset because that will wipe your drive!

I'm Here A Lot

Update wiped our drive 6 days ago. New Navigatr is slow & buggy. Unfortunately, it has also stopped playing back recordings, re-booting itself and when it's done - Voila - everything is gone.

This has happened multiple times in the past few days. @RogersHelps only advice is a factory reset, which accomplished nothing, as it both re-booted and erased everything again tonight.

Rogers forcing an update I don't want onto a device I paid for in full, really makes me angry. 

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

For the record it's an Explorer 8642HD that Rogers Navigatr update has repeatedly wiped.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@robmcj:

Since you've already had reboots, call Rogers and have them check the signal to your PVR.  Have the serial number handy.  Sometimes the newer firmware requires a better signal.

Also, try rebooting by unplugging the PVR for a few seconds. This can sometimes be different than the unit rebooting itself.  It'll take 5-10 minutes to reboot.