NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Re: NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Update wiped my PVR as well.

The new system is terrible for so many reasons.

It is obvious it was never tested by an actual user.

PLEAESE Rogers - roll back this awful software update. The old one was MUCH better.

I Plan to Stick Around

I will add my name to those pleading for the return of the old system. I have yet to see any benefit of this new Navigatr system yet the list of negatives is endless.

Like others have said, it is very obvious that anybody in Rogers who supports the roll out of Navigatr is not a daily user of it.

I've Been Around

I am joining this thread way late. I never post comments online unless it's important enough.
I don't even know if this is the right place to post regarding the new Rogers navigator menu system. So I will start here and repeat the rant in any area where it may be more suitable or appropriate.

When the new Rogers menu system came out, I knew at that moment it was horrible but I wanted to give it a chance and hold off on any negative comments. I did not want to be derogatory.

The cosmetic appearance, fonts, functionality, it is all so cumbersome to work with and look at. 

I honestly gave it my very best attempt but each time I try to do something that I used to do, I feel I have to take extra steps or need to squint to see the white font on aqua blue-grey background. It is unappealing with no contrast between choices. Plus now I can’t find any of my previous recordings. When I try to record a new program or set a timer reminder, it doesn’t work properly. Sometimes it does but no guarantee. 
Bad enough the system reboots most nights at 2am while in the middle of watching a flick, but now I have to put up with this drek. I hate knowing that I pay for this. 

There seems to be this trend of terrible SW user interface releases taking place to a number of differnt items. Sometimes i think it's me, am I getting old and cranky. 
Look what happened with Windows 8, it was too drastic if a change, long time users of Windows had to work too hard to adjust to the change, same applies with this menu system. What's with the big box designating a movie or show. 

I am so disappointed that I will be cancelling my cable and returning 2 set topbox's or whatever they're called.

Then when they get around to fixing it, they will want re-installation fees.
I am not sure if the number of disappointments is great but if even a small percent of users are as disapponted as I am,  the competitors must be seeing an increase in business.

What's going on in the world these days.

There is more and more lack of consideration to quality and customer satisfaction. A constant degradation of services.

I work in the telecom industry and we used to have benchmarks for QoS.
The new benchmark is the less you give the customer, the more profit is made and what is the purpose of any corporation? ….to make money at any cost.

I Plan to Stick Around

I completely agree and have tried to ask why Rogers doesn't listen to our complaints 

I've Been Here Awhile

My experience with this new and improved front end is the same.

It is cumbersome, features don't work as expected and the combination of font and colour scheme makes it almost impossible to read the screen except if one is sitting 5 feet away and straight on. Last night my son was visiting. In his mid 20's with excellent eyesight he had significant trouble reading the screen so its not my wife's or my 60 year old eyes!

It is galling to pay for this crap and I, for one, will not be sticking around for any of their services when the time arrives. Cable service providers are not great though. Maybe I'll do what so many youngsters now do, cell phone and internet paying for Netflix and other services. I use Google ChromeCast now for an increasing amount of shows and quite frankly I prefer the clarity and interfaces available.

So long Rogers. (and I haven't even mentioned loosing all my recorded programming that I made when on a trip out of country JUST PRIOR to their boondoggle of an implementation).

Regards

I've Been Around

I have a 8642 and all my recordings were saved.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@panko17 wrote:

I have a 8642 and all my recordings were saved.

I take it you were among the selected group to get the newest Navigatr version. At least they avoided the drive wiping feature.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Other than a few things.. (like i think the pictures on the folders actually show the image, rather than just a grey square), that people really didnt ask for anyways..

I think that was the KEY thing there were fixing.. the NON wiping of the 8642s

I Plan to Stick Around

Big whoop. The Naigator software still sucks. 

1. Settings won't save. Set display to alphabetical and 10 minutes latter the setting has reverted.
  2. Finish watching a program when you have mutiple episodes and it doesn't go to the episode you just watched so you are deleting the wrong program.
  3. Still constanly locks up or gives a huge delay in response forcing multiple reboots.

The software is awful. Sooner or later ( hopefully sooner ) they will dump the Cisco boxes or the Navigatr SW and come up with something usable. It may however be too little to late. I'm starting to use Netflix as my main app anyway mainly because this software is so crappy. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@SDRF wrote:

The software is awful. Sooner or later ( hopefully sooner ) they will dump the Cisco boxes or the Navigatr SW and come up with something usable. It may however be too little to late. I'm starting to use Netflix as my main app anyway mainly because this software is so crappy. 

While customers will whine about buggy software, most will not leave Rogers because of bundles they have. However, disabling older boxes that aren't rented, but owned by customers, will start an exodus for sure if they still want to watch TV.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario