NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

I just called Rogers and they said they will me a $25 on my next bill.

I only lost 1 hour.

I wonder if others who fared worst than I did can get more?

I'm Here A Lot

Not sure if my 8642 box is wiped or not.  I can see all my old recordings but when I try to watch any of them all I get is a black screen although according to the on-screen display they are playing but the fast forward or reverse funtion is inoperable.  However, I can watch programs that were recorded yesterday after the NAVIGATR rollout and use the fast forward and reverse functions for those.  Very wierd!

Also the screen view of the recordings is by most recent.  There is an option to order them alphabetically but it does not work.

I called Rogers last night and waited almost an hour to speak to someone.  Made my feelings known. The rep. I spoke to acknowledged there had been problems with the rollout to 8642 boxes and said that my issue had been escalarted to the Tech. Dept. for a siolution.  However I am not holding my breath for a fix.  My guess is that we will all have to accept their apology for "the inconvenience" and just suck it up.

I agree with all the other posters.  This is a major screwup by Rogers.  Can you imagine the uproar if Apple or Microsoft rolled out a new operating system that did something similar!

I'm a Senior Advisor

Maybe the NB2 and NB3 have a different type of FAT or it's stored in a different place, and NAVIGATR just can't see it on the NB2.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

SpeedyC,

May all depend on how much you lost, how many times you've called in previously to complain of NextBox related issues, and how persistent you are.  If you only lost an hour of recordings you;re lucky.  Some may have just returned from vacation and have lost 2 weeks or more. 

If anyone lost episodes of a program that you can't find in the regular OnDemand channels you may want to request free access for a while to Shomi if the programs you missed are available there.

I've Been Here Awhile

Has anyone had any luck getting in touch with Rogers? I have been on hold with them for half an hour already. I think this problem is far worse than they anticipated when they directed us to call customer care if this happened to us! Now the least they should do is give us more internet bandwidth to watch online the shows we lost. Finally got through to customer care. The rep said this is the first she's heard if this. Well why the 30 minute wait on hold then? Fishy.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes, my drive was COMPLETELY WIPED CLEAN!   After waiting forever yesterday afternoon on hold with Rogers, I was told that a technical engineer would be looking into it and call me back.  Everyone in my neighbourhood so far that I have spoken to (over 20 people) have told me that their PVR's have been wiped clean as well.  None of us believe that Rogers is capable of getting the data back or that they will even bother to call us back.

It is completely unacceptable that a company as large as Rogers didn't test this first.  And if you did, you OBVIOUSLY did a REALLY bad job of it since this problem is WIDE SPREAD!  Maybe legally the PVR content is not ours...BUT IS THAT REALLY THE POINT?  I just got back from holidays a week ago and my PVR was about 40% full when it got wiped clean.  Most of these shows are not available "On demand".  My daughter is visiting from University and we had to rent a movie from the local store last night because all the shows that I had taped for her are gone!  To say that our household is EXTREMELY UPSET over this, is putting it mildly.  I would hope that Rogers would reach out to those of us affected and not only SINCERELY apologize, but compensate us in some way.  Some programs I taped are no longer on the air, i.e. the West Wing.  Other shows for my kids are on Space, which is not available on demand.

I wonder how much Rogers expects us all to put up with before we all cut the cord.  I bought my PVR outright for around $500...does that count for nothing?  Rogers can still electronically come into my home and rob me of the content and say "oops" it was just you.  Lying to me doesn't make it any better.  Telling me to wait for a phone call that will never come, doesn't make it any better.

The new guide is FULL of glitches and is a really BAD upgrade that certainly was not worth losing all my content over.

I think Rogers owes us all a SINCERE APOLOGY, some compensation, and some kind of guarantee that the people that made the decision to FORCE THIS UNTESTED UPGRADE onto thousands of it's customers with no regard for peoples hard drives...which many of us own, are no longer in a position to make this ENORMOUS ERROR EVER AGAIN!

EVERYONE IS SAYING THIS IS WHY WE SHOULD ALL CUT THE CORD WITH ROGERS...when I received the announcement in the mail about the update, I knew they would mess it up...as did everyone else I spoke with.  We were all dreading the day they did it, and sure enough Rogers lived up to our expectations and then some!  TO COMPLETLEY WIPE OUT PEOPLES HARD DRIVES IS SO INCREDIBLY WRONG IT'S INCOMPREHENCEABLE! 

dawn,

If you ever get a rep who gives you an answer like that to a problem you KNOW many are experiencing, politely ask to be transferred to a supervisor.

It's was also rather annoying last night that when they are really busy with long wait times and you REALLY need their call centre automated option (press 1 to have someone call you back) that optionWASN'T there.

However, it is there now, so for anyone who doesn't want to wait on hold try that.

Note when they call you back you don't have a live person on the line, but you ARE next in line, so it may take a minute or two.

Molly,

Well said !

Even Microsoft allows you to go into Settings are turn off Windows Updates, or schedule them to occurr when YOU want.  I would suggest the Rogers team seriously look at adding that capability to the RTN software. 

It is especially annoying to those of us who watch late night TV to get updates between 2-5am when we would prefer to chose some time when we aren't using the PVR for updates to occur.

Anyway, for your specific issues of losing programs like the West Wing, or others that are not available OnDemand, I would suggest you call in to Rogers and request a free subscription to Shomi for at least a year as partial compensation (in addition to some reasonable credit on your account).  When you call in, if the person you speak with won't do this or says they have no ability to offer adequate compensation, politely request to be transferred to a supervisor.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

We have had the same problem as you. We were away 2.5 weeks in June and had recorded programs about 50% of our drive and were slowly working our way through them. Boom they are all gone! Most of our recordings are not available on-demand of PPV.

What kind of people are making these decisions to wipe the drives! Must be children running that place. How about 3 months free Cable service.

Don  & Linda

Don & Linda

Call in to Rogers and ask, that certainly sounds reasonable.

And ask for free access to Shomi for at least a year, you may find may of the programs you want to catch up on are available there.