NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

i have both boxes....only lost pvr recordings on the nb2...nb3 recordings are fine...but i miss the play all feature...why would they remove features is what i want to know.....did they not do any testing? get it together rogers!

I Plan to Stick Around

Hello - I am in Ajax with two NB2 8642's that were converted to the Navigatr system last night.  I have lost all my recordings - many movies and series we were lined up to watch on the separate PVRs.  We also lost all our upcoming recordings and favourites, etc.  It is like a new box was provided.  How could Rogers not have tested this with 8642's.  I have been on the phone with Rogers for over an hour now.  Tech Support said that they could not recover the information but could provide a small credit.  I have to believe that the recordings are still on the hard drive and Rogers needs to implement a software change to recover these.  This is the best solution.  If not possible, then I would like to have Shomi for a year to make up for all my lost recordings.  I am sure I lost more than I will gain from having access to these.  If that is not possible, there are other TV providers....  I am now waiting to speak to a supervisor.  I am extremely disappointed in this performance.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm on a NB2 as well, and the update completely wiped all of my recordings.  Not impressed!

I've Been Here Awhile

What kind of credit are we talking about here?
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

me too i want my stuff
8642 0percent full what are we paying all this money for? contract invalid as far as i can see

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hoping to get them back unfortunately i dont think will happen... in all the years on any time the PVR has wiped this way (via an update, just on its own durring a crash, etc) they have never been recoverable... at least by any easy means... IE: yes the data may be technically may be there... but the FAT table per say for the contents, has been re-written.. so it cans see them)

Anyone who thinks they would want compenstation, likely would have to call in and inquire.

I'm Here A Lot

I had (one-off) programs saved for a couple of years, and my wife and I would watch them every so often.  These, I can never get back. I also had regular shows and movies recorded.

All of them were wiped out today, as well as any scheduled recordings.

Seems to affect the Nextbox 2 (8642HD) models only.  I'm ready to call Bell. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

While i 110 % agree.. that they should have done the testing and that this should NEVER have happened..

You will be hard pressed to find ANY provider, which will ever GAURANTEE any recordings on a PVR.

They are not designed as a permenant storage device.  Primarily designed as a longer term type time shift... allow you to record stuff that you cant watch now.. and watch later.  But not really designed to keep everything forever, like a movie library.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

I am still looking for an announcement from Rogers as to what they are going to do. Will they continue with this roll-out or postpone it until the issue has been fixed? Rogers..........................are you listening.......................????

I'm Here A Lot

There is always a chance that any box can crash and lose everything.  As bad as that would be, it would be natural.  This problem is simply Rogers not doing their homework before uploading the new software.