NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Re: NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Just discovered I have the new guide, 9865, nothing was wiped. However, I had to get the box replaced recently due to it failing recently so it's only 8% full.

I Plan to Stick Around

sounds like it's only happening to the 8642
I'm a Reliable Contributor

To paraphrase from another event, Rogers should show up to our (hopefully long away) funerals so they can let us down one final time!

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm like everyone else - PVR wiped.

So now that it can't be fixed - I'd like the conversation to turn to what are we going to be given as compensation . . .    Has anyone heard anything yet?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@BigDG as far as compensation, here's what I think:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/forumtopicpage/board-id/PVR_settop_boxes_remotes/message...

The Nextbox 2's are slow and obviously not compatible with the new stuff Rogers is rolling out.

I also made a suggestion in Ideabox how Rogers could archive programming in a cloud so customers could restore wiped and failed PVRs.

But to look on the bright side, I did see someone post that this could be just a glitch in the update, making recordings invisible, that could be reversed by a subsequent update. If not, then this has to rank as the biggest disaster I can remember, bigger than all the Nextbox 3 irritations many customers are having.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BigDG

I think Maybe a small fee can be reduced or a one months free box rental ( if u rent ur PVR) would be good. Or even upgrading ur boxes to the new ones would be amazing seeing as the older ones are being sold. 

Again it seems only the 8642PVRS are having this issue.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Customers pay for the experience, not to own the shows and movies recorded. I have no sympathy for hoarders, but having recent recordings wiped before they can be viewed is inexcusable. With more and more people "cutting the cord" because they can find all their favourite shows on line, Rogers ought to be in damage control mode, offering incentives to retain customers.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

A few years ago when there was the great debacle with a SARA update on the 8300 PVRs and we lost all of our recordings, Rogers did give us a a $50 credit. In no way did it compensate us for the loss of our recordings, but it was something.

@OLDYELLR Your idea of a free, no charge upgrade to the NB3 for all customers who have a NB2 is indeed a wonderful suggestion. 

The question still remains though. What is Rogers going to do about this current situation? I am sure that there are many who would like to know. Are they going to continue rolling out updates in new areas or will they postpone any further updates until this issue has been resolved? Only Rogers can address this and we need to hear from Rogers!

I've Been Around

if you call support (45min wait) and explain the situation they tell you that an automated callback will explain the situation they are also offering a small compenstation for your loss. at least that what they did for me.

I would rather have had all my settings for scheduled recordings back though.

I Plan to Stick Around

Can also confirm that on my 8642 also lost all my recordings and scheduled recordings. Was looking forward to an update but not to losing my recordings.