NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: NAVIGATR UPDATE **WIPED MY DRIVE**

To say I am displeased is a major understatement that my NB2 was totally wiped of all recordings and programs set up to record is a MAJOR understatement!!!!!!!  I work overnights and as such am not able to watch shows at the same time as the general public and enjoy catching up when I get home from work in the morning.  Not sure if you, Rogers, has heard the saying, "If it ain't broke........" to my thinking you should have left well enough alone, guess what, it's broke now! 

Spoiler

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm going to disagree. We pay for the service of a PVR. The licencing means we cannot take things from our PVR and distribute them; however, we have paid to keep them in our PVR. If Rogers rolls out a new program and it deletes everyone's PVR recordings this is WRONG!!! We have paid for a service that they have deleted. Rogers should compensate everyone who owns a PVR and has this new Navigatr - they won't, but they should!

Keeping programs in a PVR is not a bonus if you pay for it! It is a service you pay for! The legalities of PVR recordings is not why we lost our programs. It was an error on Rogers end. Accidental or not, it's an error.
Retired Moderator RogersPrasana
Retired Moderator

Hi @lgarey

Sorry to hear that you’ve also lost your recordings with the update to Navigatr.

At this time we are aware of the loss of recordings for some customer with the new guide update and apologize for the inconvenience.

I'm going to have someone reach out to you from @CommunityHelps in a private message, please check your messages from the envelope icon in the top right hand side of your screen.

@RogersPrasana

I'm a Senior Advisor

@theClubHopper wrote:
My 1GB drive was 84.8% full, with over 100 recordings. Now it's empty.

I presume you mean 1TB.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@lgarey wrote:
I'm going to disagree. We pay for the service of a PVR. The licencing means we cannot take things from our PVR and distribute them; however, we have paid to keep them in our PVR. If Rogers rolls out a new program and it deletes everyone's PVR recordings this is WRONG!!!

You are correct. In the computer world the caveat is to ALWAYS back up your data before making any changes or updates. Granted, most people don't, but that's the risk they take and they've been warned.  In this case the customer had no option to back anything up. Could you just imagine the uproar if Microsoft pushed through an update that wiped out cstomers' hard drives? This is absolutely irresponsible and unacceptable!

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Here Awhile

Yes my PVR was wiped completely. All scheduled recordings gone. All the channels I removed from the list are gone. Everything I recorded is gone. I can't see a way of removing the 500+ duplicate channels from the listing, so now I'm back to having to hit down twice as much as I used to... and the old menu that took up 25% of the screen is better than the one that takes up over half...

Seriously did nobody test that the customers settings and recordings should've moved over, or was it a start new and we don't care thing?

You can't tell something is better if they lose everything they have...

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Ditto for my Mom and I ... we both have the 8642 DVRs.

Luckily I only lost one show ... my Mother lost many hours of programming.

Did anyone actually asked for this new NAVIGATR Update?

Like the old system wasn't slow enough, someone decided to make it even more annoying?

"Sorry" from Rogers isin;t going to cut it ...

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RogersPrasana wrote:

Hi @theClubHopper

At this time we are aware of the loss of recordings for some customer with the new guide update and apologize for the inconvenience.

@RogersPrasana

It is all well and good to "apologize for the inconvenience." I think what many of us want to know, even those of us who have not had the update yet is what will Rogers do about this? Based on past experiences I have seen Rogers continue with update roll-outs even when they are aware that there are issues? Will you learn from your past mistakes and put a hold on rolling out this update any further until the issues that you are aware of are rectified?

I've Been Here Awhile

In addition, the settings panel is completely blank. It appears my hide channels has been moved into the favourites

so at least that wasn't tossed.

Losing the recorded stuff was bad enough, but losing the recording settings....really?

It would've been nice to have asked the customers, or beta tested for feedback...

The old interface was fine and much nicer looking than this, just needed some tweeks...

1. Faster

2. Hide all the channels I don't pay for.

3. Hide all the channels not in my preferred language (ie English).

4. Hide all the on demand channels, since I can simply hit the on-demand button and get to them.

The new search is annoying. Could've put a radio button on it (tv shows or movies or actors), so if I'm looking for a show, I don't have to sift through every actor that's every had the letter "a" in their name, when I'm looking for a specific show.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@dmortson

Apparently while on the guide.. if you hit C.. it will change some filtering.
This should give the option of a view which hides all the un paid for channels.