Multiple NextBox 3.0 PVRs in one home

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Multiple NextBox 3.0 PVRs in one home

I have recently added a 4642HD to my whole home system that already consists of two Nextbox 3 PVRs.  I was told that since the system is already set up a tech would not need to come and that the PVRs should automatically detect the new terminal.  The terminal itself took quite a while to activate but eventually did show a picture instead of a "Not Authorized" error message, but when I press the DVR button on the remote I get a different error message stating that the terminal is not a PVR so the DVR/list functionality does not work. 

Does it again just take some time for the system to synchronize, is there something I need to do on the PVRs or account or do I need a tech?

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If this is a new box and not a replacement, you typically need a tech visit. Sometimes you can get it properly configured by calling Rogers if you get a CSR that knows his/her stuff (can by tricky).

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Whole Home Nextbox 2 and 3

Ok a few hours on this subject and multiple answers. I had the following boxes on my account. All whole home except one, which i got multuple answers. But i solved the problem.
5 Nextbox 3
1 Nextbox 2 non pvr
1 Nextbox 2 PVR

So one Nextbox 3 could not get Whole home. Had a tech out and he couldnt either. Tier 2 support wow what a story. Not accurate. I was told my box was not working and the best was only 2 PVR's in the whole home. Not accurare.

So i removed the Nextbox 2 non PVR from my account. Well what happened. The Wholehome icon appears on the Nextbox 3, the one that i was told waa broken and the other story about two PVR only. So how many boxes can you hang on whole home. Well for me its the following.
5 Nextbox 3
1 Nextbox 2 PVR.

If you are having issues with whole home. Check how many boxes you have. That might be the problem.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I’ve recently added a 2nd PVR to my whole home setup. Yes, all boxes can see content from each other, so that’s good. But when setting up a recording, how do you tell the system which PVR to record it on? Say for example that you are setting up the recording on the STB?
Highlighted

Hello @howardp63,

Thanks for your post! Whole Home PVR is a handy feature.

If a Whole Home PVR Network only consists of 2 PVR’s, each PVR can record content and the recording list is accessed content from both PVR’s is available. While setting a recording you can’t select which PVR to save it to, only the NextBox Terminal (non-PVR) can do this.

I hope this helps!

RogersShaun

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Thanks RogersShaun, but even from the non-PVR box, I still don’t see how to choose which PVR. What am I missing?
Highlighted

Good morning @howardp63!

Does the house icon appear on the LED display of both the PVR and non-PVR that you want to record from?

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm Here A Lot

Yes, two PVRs and one non-PVR STB, and they are all connected, showing the little house. So I can access all the recordings from any of the three boxes, but I am trying to figure out how to specifically record new events onto one box or the other.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can probably choose by setting the recording via (using) the PVR you want the recording to be on, rather than the STB.  Otherwise, WHPVR may choose the PVR with "the most room (HDD space) available".  This is conjecture on my part.

You should also be able to do it via the AnyPlace (Home Edition) App on phone or Tablet, as you can select the individual devices via a dropdown (at least you can if you don't have WHPVR.

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/anyplace-tv-home-edition-overview