Multiple Channels Not Working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: Multiple Channels Not Working

I have the same problem. Has happened many times in last 5 yrs. Rogers answer? Send a technician over. Does not fix problem. Have replaced every cable and connectors a few times. Useless!!They have no answer. A technician at a higher level told me some time ago it was aRogers problem nothing wrong at my end. I said fix it. Their answer? Send a technician. USELESS!Generally speaking the problem resolved itself in 1-4 days. No explanation. I complain and they reduce my bill a wee bit $20-$30. Thinking about going with Bell. Good luck.

Highlighted

Hello Community!

Thanks so much for reporting this issue! Can you please tell us if you are still seeing a black screen for some of your channels, or has the matter been resolved?

Please also try rebooting your affected TV box(es) by unplugging the power cord from the electrical outlet for about 30 seconds before plugging it back in again. Once the box(es) is finished rebooting, please retest. 

If the issue persists, kindly send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Please remember that you can also check out our Service Interruption Status board here in the Forums for updates on any known issues.

Thanks!

RogersLaura

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

seems to have resolved itself in the last hour or so

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello,

I've been having an issue with my cable over the past few months, in which any channel broadcasting on the 753MHz (and only 753MHz) frequency is unwatchable (ie. heavy artifacting, glitches, skips, etc).  It has become worse over the past few weeks, as it appears more channels are using this frequency regularly.  Every other frequency (ie 759Mhz) works perfectly.  This issue happens on every cable box (channels vary) in the house, connected to separate drops (split outside).  According to our 9865HD, the stats for 753MHz are Power(dBmV) -0.5, SNR(dB) 39.4.

On occasion, I can temporarily solve the issue by power cycling the box or rapidly changing through the channels, causing the box to switch frequencies, but this is not exactly an ideal solution.  I believe I've ruled out the boxes and internal wiring as the cause, but I've also never known a damaged cable to isolate a single frequency.

Has anyone ever experienced a similar issue, or know what the cause may be?  Given the current state of events, I'm not sure this issue would qualify as an urgent matter for Rogers support.

Thank-you for your time.

Highlighted

Hey @Cvdwllr01!

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with some of your channels! Artifacts, skips and glitches are terrible and can definitely get in the way of the intended experience.We would be happy to assist in getting to the bottom of this for you. Given that it's consistent across a given frequency, I'd recommend reaching out to support if you haven't yet as it's possible other's in your area may be impacted as well. Alternatively you can reach out to us here @CommunityHelps. For more information on our PM system you can review our blog.

@RogersAndy

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've had the same issues in the past that date back to last year.  If i turn on a channel, sometimes all i get is a black screen.  When it happens, it happens on several channels.  Come back to it a minute or two later & it is OK.  Sometimes, if you change the channel again & come back to the channel you had the issue with, it is a black screen again!  

Thankfully this has not happened in a few months.  This has happened on a replacement 4K box & on the Nextbox 3 in the living room.

The issue i'm facing now is a 'handshake' issue between the 4k box & my 4k TV - about 99% of the time i can't get the 4k channels on until i physically remove the HDMI cable from the TV & plug it back in.  Very annoying (yes, i've tried several HDMI cables & use the one Rogers supplies but all with the same result!)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thank-you @RogersAndy

I tried contacting Rogers Support by phone earlier this week, but was unable to reach an agent (call just dropped after a while), so I will reach out to @CommunityHelps, and I'll go from there.   As annoying as this issue may be, most channels are working.

Thank-you again for your time, and pointing me in the right direction.

Regards, @Cvdwllr01