Movie Time no HD?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Movie Time no HD?

Since yesterday, I've noticed the movies being played on Movie Time ( #562 ) are not HD, just letterbox. Something wrong?

Also, channel 564 suddenly is not available. So frustrated with the way my service is cut or changed, without any notice. And I'll have to pay extra to get it back.

**Edited Labels**

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Movie Time no HD?

HD for me. (720)

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

I don't know which package 564 is part of,  but I don't get it free with Digital VIP.

I'm Here A Lot

it had been HD until yesterday when the movies suddenly were on letterbox.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Right now I can see Fletch Lives in 1280x720 on 562, full screen (16x9). What do you mean by "letterbox"? I take that to mean wide screen with black bars on top and bottom. Old movies not in 16x9 HD will show 4x3 with black bars on the sides unless you zoom to fill the screen and cut off the top and bottom. You don't mention which box you have.

As for that other channel (564) Rogers has lately been adding teaser channels as free previews and hoping you'll pay to add them when they disappear. I noticed that with Discovery Velocity.

I'm Here A Lot

i am not at home now, so no clue what it is showing. but yesterday THREE KINGS was shown not HD, but 4x3 and black bars on the sides. Same with SUB ZERO this morning.
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I just checked http://www.imdb.com/ and both Three Kings and Sub Zero are 4x3 SD movies. You can't turn SD into HD.