Missing recordings

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Missing recordings

My pvr had several recorded programs two days ago now there is nothing there, no recording are programmed to take place.

What can I do about reterieving the lost shows Is there any hope and why would this happen,

***Edited labels***

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Missing recordings

Hello NeilSharon

Unfortunately there is NO way to retrieve any lost or deleted shows / movies from your PVR.  It most likely either happened during a update it had or the recorded never took place. 

I've Been Around

How to restore accidentally deleted show from nextbox pvr

I have accidentally deleted a recorded show. Is there a way to restore the file. If yes, how.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@shawn27 wrote:

I have accidentally deleted a recorded show. Is there a way to restore the file. If yes, how.

There isnt.

Your only other option is to search for another airing of the show an record that.

I'm a Senior Advisor

And if you are on the new Navigtr (don't know if they have changed this issue in version 2); be very careful to not get jumpy and automatic on the remote.  When you finish watching a show that was recorded, it will pop up to the most current show at the top, not at the bottom where you likely were, so to delete that show, you have to go back down to the bottom.

Let me think for a moment, they say that deleting is less clicks.

So, Push list, open tile, if on recordings, click down to the bottom, once for each show, page up and page down don't work.  Watch your show, it ends, the point of focus jumps up to the top, watch closely to be sure you are deleting the correct show - the one on the bottom, not the top.  Then click down to the bottom watched show as many shows are there, then double check again that you have the correct watched show - it will say watched on it, then click delete, you sill be asked are you sure with yes no, be aware that you are defaulted to yes, so there is no second chance here - standard practice is default to no, not yes on deletes.  If you deleted the wrong one, go looking online, on demand, or find out if it is on at a different time.  Easy, right.  you then go back to the top again, and if you are doing a binge watch, go to the bottom and repeat above.

So how many clicks to watch and then delete the show - 7 clicks minimum to get to the chosen show and yes, it is only 2 clicks to delete it once you get to the correct show, so depends upon your definition of less clicks.  The whole activity is going to take 7 + additional clicks x 2 for each additional show in the list, with high risk of deleting your most recent show, and no option to double check with default on no.

It is unfortunate that you accidently deleted the show, but if you are on Navigtr, or even the old boxes, there is unfortunately no way back from the box.  We have all been through it (the first and second users of the new navigtr), and the description and steps above provide you the safest wayk, although extremely non intuitive (they have been told time and again, not sure they are changing this - any users who got Navigtr in Dec or January, did they deal with this in any way.

It is unfortunate that Rogers and its suppliers have not thought this issue through well.

Hope this gives you and others some assistance in the oddities of how Navigtr works (or doesn't work depending your view of this).

Have a good day and good luck and happy viewing,  Bruce

p.s. if you run into an undefined message or null value, or a date back in 1980, this is a different bug, that is not new to Nextbox, even prior to the new interface.  This one is a bit of trial and error.  Turn the box off and turn it back on - may help, reboot the box, it may take a few to solve the issue but usually does.  If it remains, call tech support, they may request you do a factory reset (this is a destructive action in that it wipes all settings, current software build and recordings, and will require all updates to be reinstalled and you will be without recordings.  Or they may say switch the box out, or they may send a tech)  Ultimately, it is a real hit and miss issue.  Not your current issue, but it does come up, so thought I would reiterate it for those who may not have been confronted by it.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

@shawn27 wrote:

No there isn't. This is a massive oversight by the programmers of the software because that option ought to be possible, just like recovering deleted files from the Windows Recycle Bin is. With all the useless "improvements" they made designing the new UI, those rocket scientists somehow missed the obvious.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Once again my Nextbox PVR failed to record a scheduled programme. The tile is showing in My Recordings but the episode is missing and nothing is listed under "scheduled". When I search for the episode the on demand list includes ones from the previous season, but the episode I want is not included. This is not On Demand. This appears to be manipulation of the viewing audience to purchase things they don't want....the future of TV.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What kind of recording was it? Was it "timeslot" or "new". If "new" then the IPG is not always accurate - sometimes indicating new when it's not and sometimes not indicating new when it is.  Best not to use the "new" modifier. If timeslot, then if the programme started even 1 minute differently, then it won't record, etc.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Scheduling "new" vs "timeslot" recordings is a serious issue. The "new" tag in the IPG has become more reliable over the last year or two, but it's still not 100%. Lately I've seen a few programs tagged "new" that turned out to be repeats, but those recordings you can delete, which is a lot better than missing one that's new, but not tagged. What Rogers really needs to do is make the software a little smarter so it doesn't miss scheduled  timeslot shows that start a minute off the hour.

Where I would run into trouble is when shows are delayed by sports events. In those cases the "new" tag doesn't help and I do timeslot recordings with padding, or recording the next show as well.

Just recently I ran into another case of missing recordings, and this is not with Navigatr, where they're not "hidden".  I scheduled the last 3 stages of the Amgen Tour of California using the search function, but only the last stage appeared.  I wish I had confirmed in the IPG if the programs were actually scheduled in case they were channels I don't get, but that's water under the bridge.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm an Enthusiast

My wife watches The Outlander series on TV. I set the PVR to record the series but apparently made the stupid error of thinking that NEW meant, you know, new, as in new episodes. This was a new episode however. Strange that no new episodes are showing as scheduled when there clearly was and is one.

I expected to be able to watch itthe missed episode on On Demand, but that doesn't seem to be working as promised either.