Missing channels?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Missing channels?

@Paul2009 : 1. Are you seeing a black screen on the TV or "not authorized".  If the former, you likely have a signal issue to that box.  Different boxes and different locations in the home can encounter issues if there are signal problems. Call Rogers and have them check the signal to your home, neighbourhood and to the individual boxes.  They can do this remotely.  See the following post on the topic:  I recently also had issues with TCMHD (48) and it was signal related - Rogers had to replace an old splitter at the demarcation point in my home which Rogers installed quite a few years ago.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

2. If you see "not authorized", then Rogers has inappropriately provisioned one of your boxes.  You'll need to call them to get this straightened out.

3. If you see "not available, try again later", then there's an issue with your return signal to the Rogers node or head end.  The solution will be the same as item 1 above.  See previous posts in this thread for additional discussion if desired (post 12 onwards, etc.)

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

CP24 not in listing

CP24 is included in my package but doesn't show up in the listings. Nor does it show any results in search.

Highlighted

Hello @stephenserious,

A warm welcome to the Community Forums and congrats on your first post! 😄

We definitely want you to have access to all of the channels which are included in your subscription! I tried to replicate the issue at my end and I am able to see and access CP24 both in the Ignite TV guide and when I do a voice search on my voice remote.

Just to clarify, are you unable to access CP24 altogether? Or is it just not appearing in the guide or when you do a voice search? For example, can you press the "channel" button on your remote to access it manually? You may also want to try rebooting your TV box to see if this helps resolve the problem. Here's how:

On your Ignite Voice Remote, press the 'A' button and then select "Restart". 

Thanks for reporting your issue and we look forward to your response!

RogersLaura

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@stephenserious wrote:

CP24 is included in my package but doesn't show up in the listings. Nor does it show any results in search.

I'm not sure what could be happening here.  Even if you are not subscribed to a channel, you should still be able to find it in the Guide.

To find this channel, set your "Default Guide View" to "All Channels".  You can find this setting in Settings / Preferences / General.  Once you have done this, exit Settings, press the Guide button on your Voice Remote, then key in "2 4";  CP24 should appear in the Guide Search results.

If CP24 does not appear in your channel listing, do you notice any other channels missing?

If a Restart, as @RogersLaura  suggested, does not fix the problem, you can take this one step further and perform a "System Refresh".  To do this, press the "A" button on your remote and select "System Refresh".

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I followed your direction and restarted the box. I did a voice search and punched in the channel with the key pad but nothing came up. "No results found for CP24" The current channel line up shows CPAC is on channel 24 in my area (Ottawa). I also tried a refresh a few days ago.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Missing channels?

CP24 doesn't show up in channel lineup on the box, on the app, and on the web.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@stephenserious wrote:
I followed your direction and restarted the box. I did a voice search and punched in the channel with the key pad but nothing came up. "No results found for CP24" The current channel line up shows CPAC is on channel 24 in my area (Ottawa). I also tried a refresh a few days ago.

One other thing to try: Settings / Device Settings / Sync PVR

If that does not work, you will have to report this to Tech Support, either by telephone or by sending a Private Message to @CommunityHelps .

CP24 doesn't show up in channel lineup on the box, on the app, and on the web.

Yet another reason to contact Tech Support.  Somebody will need to review which channels you should have access to and investigate why you are not seeing all of the channels that you should be seeing on your any of your devices.