Missing channels?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Missing channels?

Missing TV Channels 3-7 during the evening

Hello,

Has anyone else experienced channels 3-7 disappearing during the hours of 6pm to 7am? It initially started with one channel missing but lately the list of channels have been growing. Any feedback or insight in the matter is appreciated. 

Thanks

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@k1002:

These sorts of issues are almost always related to a low signal strength in your home or in your neighbourhood. Give Rogers a call and have them check your, and your neighbours' signal.  Here's a pertinent link:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M422...

You may also wish to reboot the box by unplugging it for a few seconds, plugging it back in and waiting for the reboot to finish. You can also check the connections on the cable feeding the box at the box and at the wall. Do you have other boxes in the home?  Are they working OK?

I'm Here A Lot

Some Channels now Missing

This past week my TCM, DTour and other channels are now "Not available. Try again later."  I have rebooted the digital box but nothing changed.  Any ideas??

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@surlie : Please see post 12 of this thread, to which your post was likely moved, regarding signal strength.  I see you've already rebooted.

The message on your screen indicates that the return signal from your box is not getting through to the Rogers Head End.  These sorts of signal issues can also usually affect your search functionality as well as on-demand.

I've Been Here Awhile

Not sure if this is the case for anyone one else but I got a didgital box from a friend and plugged it in after calling Rogers to get authorized on my account I was getting fewer Chanels then my other three boxes for example channel 30 tsn. Shows up on three other boxes but not this one as well as velo channel 534 The tech said I needed to have a tech visit. To which I said no that doesn’t make sense. It’s one cable that comes into the house it can’t have different channels than the other three. So I start thinking about it and I go into settings and was looking at the favourite channels setting when I notice the hide channel setting as I start surfing through it I realize the channels I am not getting have been set to hide by the previous owner. Easy fix is to select hide all ( then deselect it) and it will hide none. Bingo all the channels I expect
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jhoganson  : Good suggestion. One other suggestion when you get a new box is to always go to Settings - scroll up one to Troubleshooting and do a Factory Reset.  You can then set up the box the way you want.

I've Been Here Awhile

@57. I had actually done that with the tech. Which is why I was surprised to find the channels still hidden.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not a reboot, but a Factory Reset. It's different and should remove all settings like favourites, hidden, etc...