Missing channels?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Missing channels?

I just bought a standard digital box and set it up with no issues....that was til I turned on the tv. seems that some of the channels are missing. Not sure if its the signal to the box or something else as the other boxes that are in my home work fine. Any help/input would be appreciated....

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Missing channels?

First thing would be to try and reboot the box.

Missing or unauthorized channels, can often be a signal issue.

I would give rogers a call and schedule a technician to come out, and they can look at signal strengths, etc.  I would do this pretty much as soon as you can, so just incase it may be a bad box, you would still fall within a return period on it.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your help. 

I'm Here A Lot

Their new slogan is "TV Like Never Before"  

Well I guess that's true because I used to get a bunch of channels that I no longer get and yet the bill is the same.

What is the deal Rogers???

I'm a Senior Advisor

Before digital, Rogers put different filters on your cable to prevent you from receiving channels you were not paying for. However, with the advent of digital TV and realignmentof many channels over time, they got lax changing the filters, so many customers ended up seeing channels that were not in their package. I remember in my area when MeTV was introduced with 16 premium channels, we only got 10 of them due to inadequate infrastructure. I didn't subscribe to the packagebecause it was missing Speed TV. Then, when all 16 became available, I ended up getting those others free, including Speed, because Rogers didn't change the filter. Also, when people moved into a new house or apartment, they often got more cable than they were subscribed to because Rogers didn't change the filter. That's because the transition to digital was going on and channel alignmnet was changing and Rogers gave up putting on different filters since to would eventually be all digital anyway.

However, if you know you're no longer getting shannels you definitely are paying for, then certainly call Rogers. Then there's another problem. Cable packages are changing all the time and there are many that are no longer offered or advertised. If you have an older, obsolete package, Rogers employees may not even be sure of what you're supposed to get.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That would be the bigest thing.. comparing WHAT channels you get, based on WHAT package you have.

I've Been Around

tv channel 504 is missing

i do not know why ONLY tv channel 504 is missing ... 501, 502, 503, 505, 506 are all available...

i tried to reboot the tv box and it is still the same channel 504 is missing...

i called technical help and only solution is to reboot the tv box and no other solution offer...

everytime you call technical, it is always the same solution to reboot the box...

any one have a solution to get back the channel 504 for me?...

cheers,

I Plan to Stick Around

It happened again last night. Trying to watch the knights game on channel 13 or 510 and black screen. Reboot the reciever again and waited?????  After 2hrs it started to work. Game was almost over. We never had problems until this . navigator updates started. We're paying for a service that isn't working properly and full of bugs. This is wrong Rogers........................................................

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

"Black" channels are almost always related to a signal issue, either in your home or in your neighbourhood.  Call Rogers and have them check the signal - they can do this remotely, although if they find signal issues, then a site visit is usually necessary.  Also, when this happens, if you can temporarily move the STB as close as possible to the demarcation point in your home as a test, minimizing any upstream splitters, etc, then that may also be an indication.

A marginal signal may sometimes be resolved by rebooting, however, as you noted, it's not really a satisfactory solution.

I Plan to Stick Around

"Black" channels are almost always related to a signal issue (no its not)

The tech was here yesterday for about 1hr. Checked everything and no problems with anything. He said its a very common problem thanks to the new navigator beta software. Nothing he can do until Rogers finds some better programmers and fixes this mess.