Missing Channels above 26 with Digital Adaptor??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Missing Channels above 26 with Digital Adaptor??

A few months ago I got the free Cisco DTA50 digital adaptor for my TV and it has been working fine up until a couple of days ago. On the weekend I stopped receiving channels above 26 (which are still on my plan). I called the help line and was told that the free adaptors no longer receive anything other than the Basic Channels and I will need to upgrade to a rental box to receive all channels. Does this make sense? Is anyone else having this issue?

Thanks in advance.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Missing Channels above 26 with Digital Adaptor??

Problem solved. It turns out that my account got accidentally downgraded to basic even though the billing shows I paid for VIP. Called billing and channels are back. Weird Smiley Frustrated

I'm a Senior Contributor

@dvb27 wrote:

Problem solved. It turns out that my account got accidentally downgraded to basic even though the billing shows I paid for VIP. Called billing and channels are back. Weird Smiley Frustrated

Yes but the REAL PROBLEM here still remains unresolved. For a Rogers rep to tell you 'that the free adaptors no longer receive anything other than the Basic Channels and I will need to upgrade to a rental box to receive all channels' is nothing less than deceitful.

Rogers needs to lay down the law and BAN misleading sales pitches by their reps.

Yea I know, this post is total "Hogwash"
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Agreed.  They need to crack down on the Quality Control on their reps..  make sure that they have ALL the info available to them so they can give the CORRECT information.. .and if they dont have it, that they SAY that.. they just dont give any answer (essentially a LIE) that is incorect.

with the DTA, you should get normally 1-60... so more than just BASIC cable.. but not necessarily a FULL lineup of some of the higher packages (which often are digital only channels)

I'm Here A Lot

I ordered rogers basic digital cable last month, technician installed the DTA-50, I got channels 1-60 plus some of the higher channels that no one really watches (CPAC, APTN, etc...), all of the sudden, tonight, my DTA-50 will no longer tune to any channels between 27-60.

Firstly, I thought the DTA-50 was a dumb, one-way device.  Apparently Rogers DOES have a way to control it and limit it.

Secondly, I miscalculated in thinking I could order the DTA-50 and get the channels I wanted for less money.

The people at Rogers don't know what the heck I'm talking about and want to charge me anywhere between $60 to $100 depending on the agent.

Any suggestions?

I'm a Senior Advisor

Reach out to Rogers via Twitter @RogersHelps or on Facebook.com/Rogers but they my not be willing to offer someone with only a month in any type of incentive to stay.

According to Rogers.com, cheapest digital package is about $39, and SD digital box is $5.52/mo...all before tax.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The DTA is a full digital box.. its just as basic as it can get (no guide, etc).. so yes can be controled, filtered, etc.  It requires communications to initialize, has a decoder in it, etc.

The DTA does support channels 1-60 odd (plus a few higher), but its all based on your package.  IF your package only gets specific channels (say only 1-30 ish) then that is all you will get on the DTA.

Its possible that maybe you got the others like on 'free preview' or something

I'm Here A Lot

I'm not looking for a deal...

I'm looking to find out how to re-obtain the channels I lost since yesterday. The only way to get a full channel line-up with a DTA-50 seems to be if you have it as an additional outlet to an existing Digital package. In my case, I only have the one DTA... What package do I ask for to get a full line-up with the DTA, and what's the price?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can have NO other digital box, other than the DTA, and get a good chunck of channels... though only the 1-60ish the DTA provides
(vs the  package MAY include more than that, the DTA just can not tune to them).

Big question then.

WHICH are the channels you are wanting to get?  This will define what package you would need to have to get them.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Log in to Rogers and go to Products and Services > TV > Channel Lineups. You will see all the channels included with Basic Cable Service in your area checked off. I see 2-28, 64, 70 (APTN), and some higher ones which don't always match what I get with my DTA. I know getting your channel line-up from Rogers is like squeezing blood from a stone and usually the agent just reads off what you yourself could see on their website, giving the channels by name, not number, which isn't helpful.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario