Missed X-Files?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Missed X-Files?

That would sound just about right, that it got it from the BAD live feed with the game  Smiley Sad

And that RoD license, may be likely for the feed from THAT channel.. (not necessarily space).. so they might have to try and get it specifically from the source.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@OLDYELLR wrote:

Well, so it is! I guess the original 9 seasons was before there even was a ROD.  Oddly, Ep 1 is shows as 23 minutes and "available until 1/24/2016" and I get an error when I select it, but Ep 2 is intact and watchable. It looks like ROD just got a partial recording of Ep 1 because of the football game, just like people who tried to record it, but in this case it won't even play.

It looks as if it has been updated .  I now see it listed On Demand (CTV) with a running time of 49min and available until 2/18/2016.

Wow.  It's actually THERE and WORKING?  Wow.  That's a change.  I find that Video On Demand probably works about 30 percent of the time - that is IF I don't make the mistake of hitting the 10 second back key in a way that makes the stunningly poorly designed VOD go back to the BEGINNING of the show. 

Hey Rogers:  are you EVER going to fix that bug?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@jays77 wrote:

It looks as if it has been updated .  I now see it listed On Demand (CTV) with a running time of 49min and available until 2/18/2016.

On my SA8300HD I still see Ep 1 as 23 minutes and "available until 1/24/2016" and get an error when I try to play it.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I've Been Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

Could rogers LAST MINUTE try and update the guide to fix it?
Possibly.. but would then force a download (and then possible reboot) at that time, etc.

It's a MAJOR problem that a guide update requires an active donlaod and cannot be updated in the background.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Generally i would agree... But this is Rogers we are talking about Smiley Tongue
(and i have no idea on how these boxes software specifically works/is programmed..)

Most of the time, i do not thing that the boxes DO require an update... but the box does do bi-weekly reboots durring the updates as well.

Its still one of those things.. it would be easier said than done..
Will the game run over?  They may not know until the last 10 minutes of before the change over??

10 minutes.. thats a LONG time to update... well how many boxes does rogers have out there? 10,000? more?
Still may not been in time Smiley Sad

I'm a Senior Advisor

Out of curiosity, I just checked ROD for The X-Files again and now the first episode of the new series is there intact. It's still called Season 1 instead of Season 10, though, probably because the programmers weren't born when the original series was on TV.  It now has the first 3 episodes. However, after seeing the third episode yesterday, I'm not sure if I want to follow the new series anymore. It was stupid dumb. Not something X-Files fans would even recognize. I actually fell asleep and had to rewind, so wasted over an hour of my life.

Ahh. I found it hilarious and enjoyed every minute. The vague/hidden references to the past, people and series. Poking fun at how we as humans are so conditioned as to how we are expected to live our lives. There was a lot more in there but it likely would require several viewings to get the most out of some the clever writing.
Hang in there OLDYELLER.
I've Been Here Awhile

we have same problem with "60 Minutes" 7:00PM on Sunday night during NFL season.....I set the program to record either to 9:00PM or add 3 hours after!!!
I'm a Senior Advisor

@wemitchell 60 Minutes is a chronic victim of CBS sports stuff overruns. Even when they move it to 7:30 in anticipation, it usually starts late. While I have a 7:00 p.m. timeslot recording scheduled for it, I always check the Guide and schedule it from there, plus the next show.