Media Converter advice - coax to fiber to coax

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Media Converter advice - coax to fiber to coax

Hello,

We rent a small building on the Central Experimental Farm in Ottawa. We currently have Rogers internet (Pro 1S) and I want to add 8 Rogers Business Phone lines.

Here is my challenge:

The Rogers demarcation point is in one building and I am in another about 3km away. I only have access to a few strands of fiber between the two buildings.  I have my internet modem at the current demarc point and using a fiber transceivers to connect to my location. However, the Rogers Phone modem with coax in/eight lines out needs to be in my building.

I am looking for recomendations on media converters (coax to fiber back to coax) that could handle both Rogers Phone and Internet (or at least handle the phone component). This would allow me to "move" the demarcation point back to my building and have the modems in my building. It would be way more convenient because if I need to reset either device it would save me travel time. Plus I feel better having all my toys under one roof.

I am sure it can be done, I am just wondering if anyone has done this before or if their are any constraints/specs I need to consider other than fiber connector type?

Thanks,

Luc

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Media Converter advice - coax to fiber to coax

PM sent.

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation