Manage PVR on Web is BROKEN

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Manage PVR on Web is BROKEN

Im also wondering if the browser history thing maybe tricked their tester (there really cant be more than one!) into thinking the PVR functionality was still there).   Really its academic though.

How do we get this info to the CSRs?

I'm a Senior Advisor

@RichardF  I have sent another concern via report a concern indicating the new information and asking them to consider inserting a link to the PVR management site as a priority until they get the alternative ready (even explained exactly how they could do it from a pseudo programming design to pass on to the team.

Imbed new object with url link to single signon system to generate the appropriate token information, and attach to the PVR link URL - technically pretty straight forward - I have written the same in my day and single sign on systems have been around for over 15 years now. Or alternative is to use the RPVR url, insert log-in fields, and then forward seamlessly to the site with attached token created by the login application.

I also asked for an update on timing, fixing remaining bugs, suggested that there were users right here on the site who know and use it regularly who could beta test if they are willing, (I know I would) and getting it operational on all browsers - browser detection methods are an archaic method of working with multiple browsers the best practice now is what is called feature detection and if your feature sets are written in standard accepted HTML or other protocols and browser code languages, you merely insert the link to the code modules and use standard feature set detection that exists in all modern browsers.

We will see how it goes.

I didn't get into any criticism, just acknowledged that this is a repeat of what happened over 2 years ago and it took months, so estimated dates at least would relief much of this frustration from active users of this feature since I have a legitimate concern based upon past experience of how long it may take.

I also explained how a user had reported how they use it when away from home via laptop, not apps on phones.

Here's waiting to see.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

Learned from a response to a concern, that this is a phased rollout, that there is nothing more to say except what we know - other web browsers will come, and recordings will come, and that this change was in response to some issues in the old platform that had to be dealt with and the decision was to go forward on the Comcast platform web sites and apps and feature set and get it working in conjunction with the Navigatr (Nextbox, SA, Motorolo) platforms and care had been taken in the decision and implications and communication, and that it was felt that all of our user needs were met via alternatives - I clarified for him that the manage pvr tool was an important tool for those who struggled with the view from the box, in particular those who may have cognitive or visual challenges, and that the phone app was not a good alternative for those with physical challenges or visual challenges to work with small touch screens.

He acknowledged that was not something he had been aware of that it met that need for people and thanked me for the awareness, but that at the moment, it is as described, coming soon.

So that is where we are - I decided I need to sit down and write a description of the way I accommodate my various cognitive and print disabilities and coordination abilities in the use of various products, so that they are more aware of how we accommodate our disabilities by working with the feature set in particular ways.  

He did agree that he could understand why it is hard for me to forget and let go on issues like these, because they are shades of navigatr for sure.

Bruce

I'm a Senior Advisor

Thank you for your efforts sharing this concern. For sure the old platform was not 100% reliable, but they still could have left the link intact while developing a new one. It's now been 2 weeks and all we have is "Coming Soon" for only one particular browser.  How many other major changes has Rogers made on the website that caused more new problems than they solved?  One would think that leaving an old version intact until the new one was fully developed and tested was a no-brainer.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The "hidden" Manage PVR link is no longer working for me.  I get to the "CA" login page, but after I login I get redirected to a Rogers Home page, link below:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/home

This also happened to someone else over on Digital Home last week.  Apparently it still works for @OLDYELLR. Anyone else?

I Plan to Stick Around

still works for me!

I'm a Senior Advisor

Still works for me too. I even tried my bookmarked URL in Chrome, which I never tried before, and that works too.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Topic Stats
  • 56 replies
  • 17 Likes
  • 8 in conversation