Manage PVR on Web is BROKEN

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Manage PVR on Web is BROKEN

@BS Clearing your cache should not delete your history.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Ok, I will go looking again.  Thanks.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Found it - yup, still alive and kicking on the server - hey Rogers - just put the link on recording page, and if not, put it on the MyRogers TV section.

Yes, if you can find an old link with the full certificate information, it works - I had to do a login and it worked - so search rpvr in your history, and I found my last login there just clicked and got a login screen used my myrogers login - it was not a Rogers logo page I got, it was on a page with a big CA logo on it.  After that, I have not had to login again.

So, moderators, please let appropriate team know that it is the opinion of some of the forum members, that there is no justification to remove access to the manage PVR site - just change the information on the recordings page, add a link - although it might not be that simple as it will be looking for a security token, so they would have to add the code to create the security token the blog post, and on the myrogers television section.

Now this would be responding to the concerns of users and providing continued quality consumer experiences.

Since it is there, don't think I am asking for too much - the code must all still be available to create the token, and get to the currently live site.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@BS wrote:

Yes, if you can find an old link with the full certificate information, it works - I had to do a login and it worked - so search rpvr in your history, and I found my last login there just clicked and got a login screen used my myrogers login - it was not a Rogers logo page I got, it was on a page with a big CA logo on it.  After that, I have not had to login again.

Yes, the first time I saw that it scared me in case it was a phishing site, but SiteMinder must be what Rogers uses to remember logins and passwords, it's just not the familiar Rogers sign in screen we're used to. There are some quirks with this hidden Manage PVR grid though. The CLOSE button does nothing, but I never used it before. Also, it shows all channels. I can't remember for sure, but I thing unsubscribed channels used to be greyed out on the left. So you could inadvertently try scheduling a show on an unsubscribed channel, but it will give you an error.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I'm just looking at the "hidden" Manage PVR grid and I see anomalies. Lots of shows with red dots as if they're scheduled for recording, but they're not and I didn't schedule them. Also, from the Manage My PVR dropdown (top left corner) I find shows scheduled that in fact are not. So it's a bit quirky. But I did manage to schedule the US Grand Prix Qualifying and Race and it's showing on my PVR.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, I've figured out what I'm seeing. I have a whole slew of cancelled and on hiatus shows scheduled to record "first run". They don't record if they don't come up as "new". However, the Manage PVR grid shows scheduled recordings in those time slots but they're completely different shows and won't actually record. Looks like that's a flaw in the web app. I've been going through my scheduled recordings on my PVR and removing shows I determine are cancelled for sure to reduce the clutter. (This is on my SA8300HD. I don't know if NAVIGATR handles series recordings differently.)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I've also noticed "features" in the PVR itself... I'm not sure if that's on-board software or data issues the server... a slew of programs that were deleted ages ago popping back up in the recorded list.  This hasn't happened recently but a couple of times earlier this year and last.  

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Contributor

Thank you to @OLDYELLR for providing the "fix" and the way to get the old "Manage PVR" back. I am out of town with no access to my TV. The fact that a rogers customer was able to provide a solution to the removal of being able to manage our PVR from the new Anyplace TV site was a godsend. It is also sad that rogers could not have weighed in here and provided the "fix" themselves because of their haste in replacing a functional site with a non-functional site.  That being said, I was able to log into the old site and program shows to record while I am out of town! Thankfully, I did not delete my history. 

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

SiteMinder is CA technologies single sign integration company - they have a number of versions of it.

Most are very happy with it, but a review I found said it is difficult and not intuitive on the configuration side and difficult to learn.  That may account for why Rogers has challenges with logins at times with the forum, and when changes are made to sites.

The things we learn by digging each time one of these interfaces - who here wanted to be knowledgable on Rogers single sign in interface company, debugging their poor implementation and developing work arounds, in particular for this group and Navigatr - I can assure you this is not what I wanted to be doing in my retirement, but I haven't lost my expectation for quality programming and implementation - we pay enough for these services, it is reasonable to have high expectations.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, a few buggy things like the close button - I did end up on that CA page when I forgot to do the whole old link and it just redirects you to the MyRogers login page - so on its own without the token and account number from an old URL, it can't send you to the site - but it does mean that there is no reason why the programming that was attached to the original PVR link could not be reinstated and send it to the old link and the single signer login feature attached to the link if necessary.

Bruce