Manage PVR on Web is BROKEN

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Manage PVR on Web is BROKEN

I just got a return call from my "Share a Concern" yesterday.  All the fellow could do was sympathize.  Unfortunately, he could not help me with anything like:

- when will "Manage PVR" be back on the web?
- why didn't Rogers keep the old version active and provide a link to the new "beta"?
- why is there no "channel scroll" on the right side?
- why is there no "go to date/time" dropdown?
- why doesn't the IPG return to the "current time" after exiting the "information"?
- why aren't other browsers supported?
- etc. etc.

I asked why he was actually calling because he wasn't really supplying me with information (other than sympathy, I guess).  I stated that his total lack of information may even make people more angry than they already are...  I had asked for a response by e-mail, but perhaps the CSR thought a personal touch was in order...

I kept my cool the entire time and was trying to find something positive for him to relay, unfortunately he couldn't, so I wished him well with the rest of his day...

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

All I can say is, shades of NAVIGATR. Smiley Mad

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@RichardF wrote:

Here's another odd statistic.

Views of this thread (only) 340 odd.   That seems very low, given as far as i can tell its the only relevant thread for people concerned with this topic.

(Versis 5000 plus views on a non-specific thread on AnyPlace TV).

It makes me wonder

- how many people use RAPTV At Home - on mobile app / on web app

- how many calls has Rogers had on this issue

Is it possible that Rogers thinks there isn't much of a problem.  (Basically either people have given up; or 99% are using Mobile App or no app at all, ie they do it all on the TV).

Were assuming this is a huge problem - perhaps it isnt?

There may be more interest than the post here indicate.  I'm sure some like me, use the function  but after reading these posts  just figure all the issues have been touched on.  But if it helps, add me to the list of ticked off usrs.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@OLDYELLR  I concur with you - shades of Navigatr - we went through the identical process with the full features of RAPTV and loss of functionality at the beginning of that change over 2 years ago.

RAPTV App on Android - New version released today

Basically looks identical to the one on the web platform, with a mobile layout and some additional options related to restricting streaming to WIFI only, otherwise, much the same.

There does seem to be more selection of live viewing shows and stations available now which is nice.

In the notes on the app on Play Store, it does mention that due to copyright, you cannot Chromecast, but you are able to watch via any WIFI or cell connection, so it is not tied to use only at home.

I am relearning how to us the Home version app again.

Hope coming soon doesn't take too long. Smiley Happy

I can wait

I have cooled off on this one now and can just wait it out, grumble a bit and commiserate with others.  I am still waiting for a response on my concern, so glad @57 that you did get some kind of response, although it seems clear that information is sparse.  Again, shades of Navigatr, that is probably why the hair on my neck went up so fast.

So, I conclude by saying, not impressed by the rollout - this is definitely a beta style rollout as there are clear functionality that has not been considered such as resolution, and absence of scroll bar, but it also seems that we have a gradual rollout in stages, which is often a good thing, but they could also have just made it available to users to review and give feedback, and leave the old one available until prime time ready.  This would be high level development and testing.

But at least we do know up front pretty much what the site can and can do and much is "coming soon".

May not like it, but I will have to just wait - what else can I do - I have posted here, I have contacted Rogers directly, and now we wait.

But for now, how about a link back to the previous working manage My PVR - it was obviously an app rendered within our browser, and not a built in feature of the basic Anyplace TV functionality.

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Announcement today:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Rogers-Community-Forums-Blog/The-New-Rogers-Anyplace-TV-Has-Arr...

Timing is a bit late, but at least we have some communication now.

Now they also have some debugging to do - in particular resolution fit to screen, and vertical scroll bar.

Otherwise, as I have used it, it is nice to have the ability to have more live viewing, and will be pleased to hear when the control of my PVR comes back to my PC.

So kudos at getting the announcement out and informing us of the phased implementation related to the browsers and the functionality and across devices.

Now next step in the customer experience would be making the announcement prior or at least concurrent with the rollout - would have saved a lot of frustration for all (Rogers staff and customers).  It really doesn't provide a good image for the company when people ask for answers, and so many staff really had no idea what was going on.

Here's to improvement and getting full functionality back in place.

Bruce

Bruce

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I have RAPTV on my Android phone and a couple of Android tablets, but the apps have not updated to new versions, but I don't use them often enough to notice any difference. I just used it on my computers and now it's unavailable for Firefox and still under development for other browsers. Talk about jumping the gun. But then customers have always been the beta testers.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

I hope I don't jinx it by posting, but I believe I've got Manage PVR back using Firefox.

The other day someone on Digital Home mentioned that they never lost the Manage PVR page because they had bookmarked it and the URL worked with various browsers, including Firefox.  But he wasn't going to rogersondemand.com or rogersanyplacetv.com.  The URL bookmarked was a long one, ending with his Rogers Cable account number.

So I opened my Firefox history and searched for my account number. About 120 items came up, all beginning with "https://rpvr.rogers.com/".  I started clicking them well down the list and on about the 4th try I got the old Manage PVR grid!  So far it's been working for me the last couple of days and I've been scheduling recordings.

It appears that Rogers hasn't actually removed the old page, just changed the link to the new web app still under development.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

+1000

Yay!  That worked.   Now all they have to do id tell the CSRs!

So to summarise.

They had a working app.

The developed a new one, with missing functionality and 50% browser support.

They then put a redirect on the AtHome manage PVR URL to direct you away form the working app to the new one missing the PVR.

Clever.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Just guessing, but maybe Rogers wanted a new, slicker looking web app that looked more like the phone and tablet apps. Too bad they didn't develop it and test it before launching it for just one browser and only half finished.

Just looking at the Chrome web app, when you click a show in the Guide grid you get a picture and description, whereas the when you did it in the old (now hidden) Manage PVR grid, a window popped up to schedule a recording. We have yet to see what the Chrome (coming soon) Recordings button will show.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Unfortunately, I cleared my cache just a few days ago
So I couldn't find my past working URL - would also suspect that it uses a security token that may expire over time, but shows, there is nothing stopping them from keeping that site active in the interim, except that they have chosen not too.

As mentioned earlier, there is not a lot of active views and discussion on this topic, so it is those of us who use it who are not happy.  For me, I really agree, shades of Navigatr and past implementations.

I do hope they get it working soon, not months like the last time around.  One thing not mentioned - I use the app the check recordings when not home.

Bruce