MSNBC not working

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

MSNBC not working

I pay for MSNBC - why wont the channel work??
It says it's "currently not available" - this is new, it has worked fine for months now.

*** Added Labels ***

Re: MSNBC not working

Hello Kitty23,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums and congratulations on your first post!

I know how disappointing it can be to sit down to watch a favourite channel only to find it not working, all of a sudden. =(

We have not been advised of any issues with MSNBC, at this time. Do you have any other TV's inside of the home that you can test to see if the same error message is displayed? Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your end? If not, please try the steps outlined in the following link: Click Here.

Let the Community know if issues are persistent!

RogersTony

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Kitty23 wrote:

I pay for MSNBC - why wont the channel work??
It says it's "currently not available" - this is new, it has worked fine for months now.

This sort of issue is almost always related to a poor signal in your home or neighbourhood.  If the reboot doesn't solve the problem, call Rogers and have them check the signal at your home/neighbourhood, and/or do it yourself using the following FAQ:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/30-57s-home-theatre-faqs/17719-57-faq-tips-sa-cisco-stbs-also-pace....

See the following previous post regarding signal problems:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/Nextbox-3-0-PVR-Skips-Recorded-Playback-Only/m-p/387839#M42...

Signal problems (especially return signal issues which affect SDV (switched digital video) channels) can also cause problems with on-demand programming, box not booting properly, etc.

I've Been Here Awhile

You do have a problem with MSNBC constantly going off the air. Why this particular station and no others?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Annoyed8 : Please see the post above yours. Various channels at various QAM frequencies can be affected by a poor signal while others can come in just fine.  Review my previous post and the comments there.