MSNBC - HD?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: MSNBC - HD?

Noticed MSNBC was a bit fuzzier. Hopefully this is temporary.

We waited a long time for HD on this channel. Can someone from Rogers please comment. 

Hello, 

@mwalter59 - I appreciate joining the Rogers Community Forums and posting about your MSNBC channel experience. I have checked the channel here and it's in full HD quality. It's possible that the feed you are receiving is not HD as you have described. We can further investigate and submit a ticket for you; please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find details about our private messaging system in this blog.

@Sailorman - Any channel not clear is not pleasant to watch; is only MSNBC channel fuzzier for you? I can confirm there are no issues with the MSNBC channel. However, it's possible the issue could be localized. If the channel continues to be fuzzier; we can certainly diagnose it for you. Please drop us a line at @CommunityHelps

Cheers,

RogersMoin

I've Been Around

Just spoke to a Rogers rep and they confirmed that MSNBC is only available in SD. Your website says it’s available in HD. Which is it? Please confirm as this is potentially false advertising by Rogers.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Magnoliaphan : I just checked the incoming signal on Channel 185 (Digital Cable) here in Toronto and it's a 1080i signal and the picture is definitely HD.

Earlier in this thread someone mentioned that it's not HD on Ignite, but I'm not sure if that's been rectified.   Of course the picture quality can sometimes suffer when they use an SD or other inferior camera in the field.

I Plan to Stick Around

HD here in Mississauga too. We had some problems a few months ago which resolved by themselves.

What we experienced was the signal reverting to blown-up SD. Rebooting the box and resending the signal didn’t help. Waited and after a few days it resolved itself. If the problem persists might need an onsite visit. 

I Plan to Stick Around

It's now in HD on Ignite Tv as well, at least for 2 months. It was not initially though.