MSNBC - HD?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: MSNBC - HD?

@lar2d2

Who are you asking to ask Rogers?  

I went through a round of Twitter discussions with them. Their answer to what they will do about MSNBC not being HD?  I can save $X dollars if I "sign a contract" for 2 years.  That is the answer. And yes it would be true if I did that and in December I save even more when both my Nextboxes which are RTO become mine.  Then again, I was working 20 years ago at "the best place" and had amazing benefits including RSP matching. I just walked away and went on my own and never looked back.

I need to re-eval and consider that with Rogers. Again my dilemma is - this isn't the late 90s or mid 2000s. So much more is available on the internet - not just watch movies and TV on Netflix but watching Youtube subscriptions daily. The leap to Bell helps with MSNBC HD but added cost is a concern. Besides I don't think Bell as a company is any different than Rogers (which is why my cell is with Telus) so going there is not the holy grail.  Bell offers RTO but not 3 years --- a whopping 5! Outrageous.

Rogers just doesn't want to improve their offerings.  Sad. 

I've Been Here Awhile

How can Rogers say they have a great cable service, when the number 1 cable channel today is MSNBC and they only offer it in SD?

I just do not get it???

I Plan to Stick Around

@KangaDan wrote:

How can Rogers say they have a great cable service, when the number 1 cable channel today is MSNBC and they only offer it in SD?

I just do not get it???

Any updates on this .. Not a bad idea for a business to provide what customers are asking for ????

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I for one am also a fan of watching MSNBC.  I wish they would offer it in HD as well.   I believe there is a way to request certain channels within Rogers Cable and if the demand is high for a certain channel it will eventually be added, but the problem I think is that most of the time the reps are just saying "its not available" and NOT putting in the recommendation to the head office for future consideration and because of that, when they do the reports for future channel considerations, the numbers of such channels are probably quite lower than expected so they don't bother to launch it because they feel its low demand, but truly its higher demand but they only go by what it shows on the reports.

I Plan to Stick Around

I think you may well be right, but whatever the case is, I don't think Rogers does itself any favours by letting a question like this hang out there for a year and a half without some kind of reasonable answer.  I don't believe it should be all that difficult to offer us some general information about something this basic.  Yes we have plans or no, there's not enough interest or something that at least feels informative, and suggests they have some interest in what we say.   Their lack of responsiveness on such a straight-forward issue makes me wonder why they bother setting up a forum at all.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@lar2d2

1. Remember that this is firstly a peer-to-peer forum, where we help each other.

2. Sometimes a Rogers rep will provide an answer if there is a firm and easy answer.

3. In cases like channels, there is usually no feedback until there is a formal announcement or concrete answer due to competitive reasons and negotiations with the broadcaster.  i.e. you won't get an answer until the deal is complete.

I Plan to Stick Around

Happy New Year!

Another year another start to a year without MSNBC in HD. I had to laugh earlier - "WHAT IS THIS? APTN has HD? - The Aboriginal Channel is HD - watched by hundreds and yet MSNBC watched by billions still is SD? What is the world coming to?"  

And all the best in 2018!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Apparently, one of the better ways to contact Rogers regarding channel suggestions is to use the "Share a Concern" form.  You may wish to give that a try.  No promises, obviously.

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the tip.  I took your suggestion and posted my question there.  If I get any response I'll be happy to post it here too.

I Plan to Stick Around

Ditto.

Best network in the US - report after report.

What I want for Christmas? That Rogers' HD offerings match Bell Fibe. Period. Not asking for extra stations - just equal HD to HD offerings.