cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSNBC Feeds?

akselsoft
I plan to stick around

Has anyone noticed a problem with their MSNBC feeds? Every morning there should be Morning Joe on at 6am. However, for the past few weeks, the show starts and is then switched to the 11th hour, their evening broadcast. This is similar to what used to happen when we would get repeated of “Lockdown” (prison documentaries) instead of the regular shows. 

Does anyone know where they are getting their feed from and why this is happening? Or is this only occurring for me. 😞

I want to check before I call in tech support.

TIA

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: MSNBC Feeds?

akselsoft
I plan to stick around
Looks like that was it. MSNBC back to normal after the Olympics ended.

Just another wonderful example of how the CRTC manages to mess things up for international networks. 😞

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@akselsoft  I'm not entirely sure what's going on with the NBC channels.  On Ignite TV, we normally get the CNBC US feed but this got switched to "CNBC World" around the time when the Olympics started.  After some complaints, the US feed returned but I have still seen this get switched back (during primetime?) to the CNBC World feed.

Apparently, this has something to do with broadcast rights for the Olympic Games... although this does not entirely make sense because carriage of the Olympics on NBC does not get blacked out, at least not that I have seen.  I haven't noticed whether or not MSNBC programming on Ignite was ever affected or substituted.

akselsoft
I plan to stick around
MSNBC used to be fine - but you’re right, maybe it’s to do with the olympics. Will find out next week I guess

capre
I've been here awhile
I noticed that too. Let's wait and see after the Olympics.

akselsoft
I plan to stick around
Looks like that was it. MSNBC back to normal after the Olympics ended.

Just another wonderful example of how the CRTC manages to mess things up for international networks. 😞

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Nothing to do with the CRTC.  This has to do with the rights holder granting, or not granting rights to "broadcast" in various countries and the "broadcaster" buying or not buying those rights.

This is the reason some programming is only available in certain countries and not worldwide for example.  Depends on what is negotiated between the rights holder and the specific "broadcaster" which can even be different for different channels of the "same network".

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 in conversation