M4K Channel 993 Cuts off Movies

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

M4K Channel 993 Cuts off Movies

So tonight, Friday March 23 at 8:40, I am in the middle of watching the DaVinci Code scheduled from 7:00pm to 9:30pm, and it randomly stops. goes to the Hideously annoying "thanks for watching" sound loop of doom and just leaves me completely hanging.

I would be irked if this was only the first time,  But its multiple times in the past couple of weeks, I have had the Fifth Element interrupted twice at random times and other movies as well.

Can we please get some people looking into this?  or is it just on my end?

I am about 95% done with Rogers as my TV provider.  =(

***Edited Labels***

Re: M4K Channel 993 Cuts off Movies

Hello @Stockade,

I can understand how frustrating it must be to be watching a movie only to have it shut off halfway through leaving you unable to see how it ends. I would definitely be in some serious need of closure if that happened to me!

Considering this has happened more than once we can rule out this being an isolated incident with a specific movie/program. We'd like to run some tests on your equipment and the signal levels to see if there is anything that we can detect that may be causing this issue.

We do not want to lose you as a customer over this type of issue so please send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can pull up your info and get this fixed. For more information on our Private Messaging system please Click Here.

RogersTony

I've Been Around

The same issue has happened to me. As the movie is at the halfway point the movie stops and this annoying “Thank you for watching” loop is displayed . This is totally unacceptable for the amount of money I pay Rogers every month. Is this a wide spread incidence with this channel?

Good morning @Don76!

Welcome to our Community!

As far as we're aware, this is not a widespread issue. The reports on this thread are the only one's I've seen from customers pertaining to this issue. Movies getting cut off part way is one of my biggest peeves, once I'm invested in a movie, I need to see it through! So we definitely need to troubleshoot with you and escalate a ticket or send a tech if we identify an issue from our end.

Please PM us @CommunityHelps so I can work with you towards a solution. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

I've watched Da Vinci Code a number of times in the past few months, and each time, it cuts out at the same time, when he is trying to decipher the codex.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you having issues with other movies?  If not, there may be a problem with the way that movie was loaded on the server and everyone would see the same thing.  There probably aren't that many 4K customers that watch that specific movie, so...

I've Been Here Awhile

Sorry. As I had mentioned it was a few. But I was mainly irked by davinci code and fifth elements. Ive since returned my 4k box and completely dumped cable as I felt it was far too expensive for far too little.

=)
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Stockade, I was actually replying to the post above mine by @MT111.  Sorry to hear about your problems.

I've Been Here Awhile

Obviously.  Can it be fixed?  There is really little else that I watch on cable, but this is a movie I enjoy and am glad to re-watch.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Of course it can be fixed if the problem is as I stated earlier. Give them a call or use the following "share a concern" link:

https://www.rogers.com/consumer/contactus/share-a-concern