LuguLake TV Soundbar & Nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

LuguLake TV Soundbar & Nextbox

I recently purchased the LuguLake TV Soundbar from Amazon. It has excellent reviews and is only $100 so I expect more people will be purchasing it too. I can't get it connected!! I'm using RCA cables. There is only a red and white female connector on the soundbar. I have tried connecting the NextBox as well as the Television (LG LED - not a smart TV) and there is no connection. I'm connecting the Nextbox to the TV using an HDMI cable. Can anyone clarify if the sound should be coming directly from the Nextbox to the soundbar, or should the cables from the TV to the soundbar? Any insights on why this connection might not be working? Thanks.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Re: LuguLake TV Soundbar & Nextbox

Good evening and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @GDV1968

From my understanding the set up should go box to TV and TV to soundbar with TV audio output set to Aux. 

However I'll let our Resident Experts share their expertise as well @57 @Gdkitty.

RogersZia

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GDV1968 : You should connect the Nextbox to the TV via HDMI and the Nextbox to the soundbar via analogue audio (red/white). Both audio connections should be active at the same time as I believe the analogue audio from the Nextbox is always active. Make sure that you go into the audio settings for the Nextbox and select "fixed" and not "variable" to get the best audio to the sound bar and so that the sound bar controls the volume.

I don't know of any TVs that have analogue audio outputs, only inputs.  Most TVs have an optical output and when I searched for the LuguLake $100 soundbar it shows an optical input, so, theoretically, you could send HDMI to the TV and optical from the TV to the soundbar, however, some TVs do not pass audio from an HDMI input to the optical output, or the TV needs proper configuration in the audio setup menu to do so, so analogue audio from the Nextbox to the soundbar may be your easiest solution, especially in light of the quality of the equipment in question.  I based this paragraph on the following link:

https://www.amazon.ca/Soundbar-LuguLake-Surround-Theater-39-Multi-Connection/dp/B07D2BTDDC/ref=sr_1_...

If the soundbar you have doesn't have the optical input, simply go with my suggestion from the first paragraph.

I've Been Here Awhile

Thank you for the advice. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. :-)

I'll post how it worked out in case anyone else runs into the same problem.

I connected the RCA jacks from the Nextbox to the soundbar. It didn't work right away, but once I powered everything down and went through the setup instructions that came with the soundbar (turn everything on and select the AUX setting from the soundbar remote) it worked great!

(I wasn't able to get access to the Nextbox audio settings. I've tried the various buttons on the associated remote, but no menu or setting seem to present themselves.)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@GDV1968 wrote: 

(I wasn't able to get access to the Nextbox audio settings. I've tried the various buttons on the associated remote, but no menu or setting seem to present themselves.)

Press Settings - Audio - Volume Control, select Fixed. That may already be the default.  While in the settings, make sure all the other settings are set as you would want the box to perform.  The default setting is not always what you want.  You will need to turn the volume down on the TV so that you don't encounter any echo when listening to the soundbar.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 in conversation