Lobby Watch channel 955 works on 9865 PVR, black on new 4K Nextbox

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Lobby Watch channel 955 works on 9865 PVR, black on new 4K Nextbox

My condo building's Lobby Watch camera is available on channel 955. I'm the techie for my upstairs senior neighbour. She has a 9865 PVR in the livingroom and, in her reading nook, a new 4K Nextbox PVR which replaced a previous dying PVR in October.

She can see the Lobby Watch camera on the 9865 but, on the new Nextbox, the image is black. There is no message similar to "unauthorized channel". Why would she not get a picture at 955 on the next PVR?

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Lobby Watch channel 955 works on 9865 PVR, black on new 4K Nextbox

Try swapping the boxes to see if the boxes work in the other location.  There's no reason the 4K box shouldn't work.  If the 4K box works when swapped, then there's some sort of signal issue to the location that doesn't work.  If the 4K box doesn't work in the known working location, try a reboot of the 4K box (which will likely happen when you move the box anyway...).

I've Been Here Awhile

I should clarify that the previous PVR worked fine at that location.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Different boxes can require different signal levels. Try a reboot. If that doesn't work, try the swap.  You can also try checking the signal at that box to see if it's significantly different than the other box.  Are other channels "black".

https://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/30-57s-home-theatre-faqs/17719-57-faq-tips-sa-cisco-stbs-also-pace....

You can also call Rogers to have them check the signal.