Lobby Watch Channel 998 (59)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Lobby Watch Channel 998 (59)

Help! Called Rogers...they said the building had no support from their end. the 998 channel worked fine until latest Rogers update .

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @Ross_W,

Are you still having issues with your lobby watch channel? Have you called in previously to report this? If yes, what were you told? If we do service the lobby watch system in your building, we will need to send the appropriate technician out to resolve this. I can take a look into your account and we can proceed from there. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps when you are online next.   

@cokeybil, if Rogers does not service your lobby watch system, you will need to contact your building management and have it addressed. Have you tried contacting them? 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I Plan to Stick Around

I will contact the super tommorow for info...also the building management company. I have had someone from Rogers(tech) look into this and my OP is their result. No support for my building.

I Plan to Stick Around

Header for "Lobby Watch Channels for 998(59)" should be changed to New Lobby Watch  988,989,990,991 since Rogers has changed the channels. Finding the items would be easier if the header were updated also. imho.

Cheers!

I Plan to Stick Around

Ross, I'm in the same boat...I think the cameras are analog and the new channels are digital for the new lobby watch channels. Hence we cannot see the lobby cams. I believe the owner of the building needs to switch their cams or receivers to digital. I'm calling the apartment management company to see what gives. This needs to be addressed. I'm not even sure if I can let anyone in the door via security phone notification.

I Plan to Stick Around

Yes.some of us are.We lost 998 all at the same time. 59 flickers with an error message.
We have our own service company for our system.
If 998 is gone as a lobby cam channel,we need Rogers in to inspect their side of the system to see what can be done to move to 988-991 and to fix analog 59.
I don't have Twitter to respond privately but we recently signed a new contract with Rogers. (YCC307)
I've Been Around

So I have a house and I'm having the same problem.  I guess the issue is our insertion filter is analog so the only way to get security footage is with the splitter (one to the cable box, one to the tv) and switching off the digital box to TV59 to get the footage.

However, it used to work for our old analog/digital boxes on channel 998.  It now appears like that has stopped working.

I know that I need to get a digital insertion filter.  The problem is it seems to be very difficult to find one.  Does Rogers sell one or recommend one for purchase?

p.s. this is an unneccessary annoyance to your customers Rogers.  I know you are switching to all digital, but for boxes that can handle digital/analog you could have left one channel so we can continue to get lobby watch.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I notice that the DTA50 has channels 988, 989, 990 and 991 labeled as SEC 1, SEC 2, SEC 3  and SEC 4. 

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jimarchershee wrote:

So I have a house and I'm having the same problem.  I guess the issue is our insertion filter is analog so the only way to get security footage is with the splitter (one to the cable box, one to the tv) and switching off the digital box to TV59 to get the footage.

However, it used to work for our old analog/digital boxes on channel 998.  It now appears like that has stopped working.

I know that I need to get a digital insertion filter.  The problem is it seems to be very difficult to find one.  Does Rogers sell one or recommend one for purchase?

p.s. this is an unneccessary annoyance to your customers Rogers.  I know you are switching to all digital, but for boxes that can handle digital/analog you could have left one channel so we can continue to get lobby watch.

This is a great question, but since its using your own security camera feed and not that of a Building Lobby camera, Rogers would probably be of no help to you and offer No Support since what you are trying to do is outside of the scope of their support system.  I would like to chime in though and even though I do not have an answer for you, I might offer some help.

I have a Rogers Digital box just like you and used to be able to tune analog CATV frequencies that were injected into my cable line via third party insertion device.  The cable box had an analogue tuner built in and Rogers used to allow their customers to tune into the analog channels that were mapped out in the 800 range I believe. I DO know that rogers discontinued the analog mapping from their set top boxes at some point in the past so that might also affect the Lobby security channels might be mapped out so they will never tune into NTSC frequencies ever, and there is nothing you can do about it.  

I have a security camera in my house too and am experiencing the same problem cant tune into it with the STB, but I have a second coax line to every tv anyways in my house and am in the process of feeding the camera to that coax and using my tv's buil in NTSC tuner to watch the camera, not as convenient  as watching it via STB but it works.

I Plan to Stick Around

Now things have completly changed with the intoduction of four new K2,K4 and K14 channels (994,995,997and 998. Now that this change has been made,none of the lobby watch channels can be viewed by anyone in our building with any model of Rogers PVR's or HD boxes on 988 to 991.

Can Rogers do a channel reset on their side of the system connected to ours? Our Super is going to contact service.