Lobby Watch Channel 998 (59)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: Lobby Watch Channel 998 (59)

Hi @Ross_W,

Did you get any updates from your superintendant? Please let us know if he/she was able to obtain any information regarding your lobby watch channels not working. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hi @Ross_W,

Did you get any updates from your superintendant? Please let us know if he/she was able to obtain any information regarding your lobby watch channels not working. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Yes.A Rogers Tech came in and checked Rogers equipment and all was ok. Our side of the system was checked by our tech and was all ok. So the problems began when Rogers added the 4K channels.When that was finished,my super said 988 started to work again for those that lost it before. He hasn't heard any more complaints so far except from me.

I still can't get any of the 4 lobby channels on both TVs. I have the Explorer 8300HD on my main tv that worked on 998 until 4K took over. On my other TV,I have the Explorer 4642HD that was given to all units in our building in Feb. That model seems to be working ok for others but not for me.

I'm going to call in a tech to check the line and also see if he has a box that will work.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Hi @Ross_W,

What did the technician tell you? Was this a regular service technician that came? Did he refer the call to a maintenance technician? I'm going to send you a private message through @CommunityHelps, please keep an eye on your inbox. You can also access your inbox by clicking here

RogersHassam 

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hi @Ross_W,

What did the technician tell you? Was this a regular service technician that came? Did he refer the call to a maintenance technician? I'm going to send you a private message through @CommunityHelps, please keep an eye on your inbox. You can also access your inbox by clicking here

RogersHassam 

I wasn't there to see him,but see my last post to you as it has all that was said by the Super to me.

Thanks Roger

I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hi @Ross_W,

RogersHassam 

I put a call into service this morning and for a few minutes,988 was working and sometimes pixalating.I left the room after things seemed to be working,then came back and found 988 frozen on one camera.So I put another call in to get service in to find the problem.(Coming tomorrow)It was the Nextbox that started to work then froze. My 8300HD still cannot see 988-991.

As for CH59 I got it working by connecting my older Philips DVR directly from splitter to it.But I only get anything analog. Ch.3 +15 Aquarium) and 59 Lobbycams.

The tech that came last week was a contractor for Rogers,my Super told me today.

The Super was told that the only analog box that works with our camers on 59 is the EXP3200.

I'll report what I find out after service comes.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Most TVs have an NTSC (analogue) tuner. Temporarily you could put a splitter upstream of the STB, feed an RF-coax to the TV and change inputs on the TV to "TV" and tune channel 59. 

This assumes that the lobby channel is still sent on an analogue channel.  Most are now converted to digital and "injected" into the incoming cable signal at an appropriate frequency to be tuned by the digital STB that most people now have.

I Plan to Stick Around

@57 wrote:

Most TVs have an NTSC (analogue) tuner. Temporarily you could put a splitter upstream of the STB, feed an RF-coax to the TV and change inputs on the TV to "TV" and tune channel 59. 

This assumes that the lobby channel is still sent on an analogue channel.  Most are now converted to digital and "injected" into the incoming cable signal at an appropriate frequency to be tuned by the digital STB that most people now have.

True,but I am using the coax connector for my Terk OTA TV antenna for signals for some programs not on Rogers or Bell from Buffalo.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

@RogersHassam wrote:

Hi @Ross_W,

RogersHassam 

The tech came today.Both TVs I have now get 988. The one in my bedroom was a bad coax cable. Go Figure!
You get almost 1000 channels with that "bad"cable,and the only channel that won't work is 988.
My living room tv may have been a loose connection,but I think Rogers did something at their end when I made the first call to them.It acted up for while but today it was ok.

Thanks for your help Roger.

I've Been Around

I have a sign in my lobby saying if my lobby channel doesn't work I'm to call Rogers and ask for a replacement..I did, went to store and it's $12.95 rental charge. This sign says it's not just my building it's across toronro. I just want a terminal (free exchange..means NO RENTAL COST) to me. I would like to have my lobby channel back. I have an 1840 terminal. .it's just an exchange. How easy is that??

I Plan to Stick Around

@ryandt wrote:

I have a sign in my lobby saying if my lobby channel doesn't work I'm to call Rogers and ask for a replacement..I did, went to store and it's $12.95 rental charge. This sign says it's not just my building it's across toronro. I just want a terminal (free exchange..means NO RENTAL COST) to me. I would like to have my lobby channel back. I have an 1840 terminal. .it's just an exchange. How easy is that??

I still can lose 988 if I move the cable.Channel 988 is very sensitive to any kind of poor connections.My original cable would not allow 988 to be viewed,so new cables must be of good quality.

If the box was given free to all units in your building,like mine,go to a Rogers store,NOT a franchised Rogers store,and give them your Condo Corp # along with your own info.