Lobby Watch Channel 998 (59)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Lobby Watch Channel 998 (59)

I recently bought a security camera system that I would like to incorporate into my home's CATV system. I noticed that Rogers has a digital and analog channel allocated for this purpose. My question is: How do I make use of it? Does Rogers offer a service for this, or should I get an RF modulator and inject the channel myself. I have come across some relatively cheap modulators that can mix the camera signal in with my cable on an analog channel anywhere from 65 to 125. I would prefer use Rogers equipment though.

Mike

***Edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Lobby Watch Channel 998 (59)

rogers equiptment would be expensive as it would serve multiple customers in a dwelling type residence.  for someone like you it would be better to connect the camera to your tv with the rca plugs and just press video source when you need it

I Plan to Stick Around

If you want to integrate the security camera to the cable in your house, you need to find a channel deletion filter and modulator for channel 59.  Rogers takes channel 59 and maps it to 998.     

If you use other channels 65-125 to run your security camera you could lose some digital channels and the security cam will not show up through the box.

There is a ch 59 deletion filter/modulator that can be purchased,   Google it....not sure about the price..

You also need to make sure the digital boxes you have are analog compatible,..if they are digital only the security cam wont show up.   

I've Been Around

My buiding security is on channel 998. I also have my internet with Rogers. 

Question. Can i view my security channel 998 on my laptop ? If possible how may i go about doing this.

Thanks for any info.

I've Been Here Awhile

When will these be upgraded.  It's a video signal yet it's not compatible.  This is part of the entryphone system to our building.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

rest assured, you can still connect the coax line from your wall outlet into the RF or Cable imput on the back of your tv and select channel 59 on the NTSC tuner of your tv to still watch the lobby camera. this will still work untill your building converts its camera to digital  QAM signal

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Its actualy not the nextbox that needs upgrading, its the security system cam that needs to be.  The cameras are analog, which the older boxes could pick up, but the newer boxes only pick up digital, therefore can not pick up the cam signal.

Pauly is correct though. Best way, until they upgrade your loby cam  to digital, would be to do as follows.

Out of the wall, put GOOD quality tv splitter.  From there, one into the nextbox, and one into the TV cable input.

To switch to the cam, all you have to do is change the input on your TV to the TV input (rather than HDMI or however you have it connected).

If you have the rogers remote set up to control your TV, you might even be able to do this via it, just hit the TV button, then the input select.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i programmed my rogers remote so when i press the TV input button even when its in cable mode will switch inputs to my tv and will automatically come up on channel 59, the lobby watch channel. one simple button to access camera, can't get any easier than that.

I've Been Around

How did you do that?

I Plan to Stick Around

We live in a Hi Rise condo (16 floors).Is there a way to improve the video quality of CH.59 and 998 on the building network?The Super sees all cameras with a crystal clear picture,as he has the video equipment.

The rest of us see an analog signal thar is somewhat grainy or snowy,even on a digital PVR.What is needed is a device to allow us to see a true digital signal going to the distribution network.All apartment units have either the free digital mini boxes or digital PVR,or both.So the weak link must be our own distribution amp putting out a poor analog signal.

Has anyone seen an upgrade like this? Or does Rogers only allow a limit to CCTV? Digital signals take less bandwith,as,this is why Rogers is changing most or all TV channels to Digital.