Lobby Watch Channel 998 (59)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Lobby Watch Channel 998 (59)

The lobby camera in the appartment I'm in shows up on channel 988 not 998. You should start at 999 and work your way down. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

999 would not be a lobby watch channel, as its SportsnetNews

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I can't see the lobby channel neither with nor without the digital box. I used to see it on Channel 59 without the digital box. It is now a week that I do not see it. I called Rogers and they are sending a service man to check it.
I Plan to Stick Around

"Resident Expert" Lurker:

Please read my post again. I said I get the looby channel on 988 and suggested the OP start at the highest number 999 and work their way down. I guess knowing that 999 is SportsnetNews, I should have suggested starting at 998 and work their way down. The point I was trying to make was the lobby channel if digital is likely on one of the unused 9xx channels. Again in my case 988.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@LF1949 wrote:

"Resident Expert" Lurker:

Please read my post again. I said I get the looby channel on 988 and suggested the OP start at the highest number 999 and work their way down. I guess knowing that 999 is SportsnetNews, I should have suggested starting at 998 and work their way down. The point I was trying to make was the lobby channel if digital is likely on one of the unused 9xx channels. Again in my case 988.

I know what the purpose of your post was.  Just wanted to save someone some surfing time by not starting at 999

I Plan to Stick Around

I have been able to get our lobby channel for 5 years until a week ago on ch 998 on my SA8300HD.Now that channel doesnt exist. Not even keying in 998. 988 to 991are there but won't work. 992 to 997 also gone and if you key them in, it jumps to 999 (4KTV).

Anyone have the same problem with CH 998 gone?

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have an SA8300HD and live in a house, so Lobby Watch is irrelevant. However I see the new 4K demo channel is now on 998. But I do see there's Lobby Watch on channels 988-991, which are black for me. What do you see there?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

The channels 988 to 991 are there but no signal on any of them.I also have an Explorer 4642HD in another room that Rogers gave all of us in our Condo building as a freebie for signing a new contract with them.But that model was never working with our system.(988 to 991 are there but blank).

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have no experience with Lobby Watch, but from what I remember reading, it was originally analog on 998/59. I would presume the new channels are digital and you would need to contact your building management to see if they're now digital and how to re-enable the service.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I was talking to my Super about my loss of 998 and he said he has it working on his own tv.
He also has a master monitor connected to the DVR that can view all cameras.
I also have one of those small digital to analog boxes that did work on ch.59 but now as each camera loads on the screen it flickers than an error message displays for a moment then the next camera loads.I remember Rogers coming a year ago to fix this in the utilities room.