Lobby Watch Channel 998 (59)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Lobby Watch Channel 998 (59)

In my experience, Rogers techs have replaced any questionable connectors, splitters and cable runs, whether they are theirs or not. It just makes good business sense to maintain a good signal. If I called Rogers concerning a weak signal (snowy screen when it was analog) and got charged for a service call plus cable, connectors and a splitter, I'd be looking for another provider.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Advisor

@remm672 wrote:

When I got Internet with Rogers about 7 or 8 years ago, a technician came to my high rise condo and brought cables with him and connected the cable to the cable which comes into my condo from the outside and put the cable through to the bedroom to hook up the to the computer in the bedroom. Or maybe the connection came to the bedroom from a splitter on the TV cable which is connected to the outside but its inside.?

My daughter had Rogers cable TV in her apartment. When she got Rogers internet for her computer, which was just on the other side of the living room wall where the TV cable came in, the tech put in a splitter and stapled the cable all along the baseboard and back around. They're not allowed to drill through walls.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

@Gdkitty wrote:

If they ran stuff outside it might be different.

But generally, yes... The lines within the walls within the house or apartment.. which were put there by the builders, etc.. yes are not rogers responsibilities.. they are not the ones who put them there. 
They wont replace them.. as they are not insurance covered, etc to be able to pull the stuff through the walls, etc.

IF the lines through the walls, are not good enough.. one would have to get a 3rd party company and pay them to replace them.

Rogers installed the cable for the bedroom from the living room for the Internet but that was different because there was no cable there from the original installation. The cable goes from the living room wall which comes from the outsidewall  of my apartment and goes through an opening from the living room to the bedroom. There is a space between the living room and bedroom for the cable to go through too the bedroom.

I Plan to Stick Around

@OLDYELLR wrote:

@remm672 wrote:

When I got Internet with Rogers about 7 or 8 years ago, a technician came to my high rise condo and brought cables with him and connected the cable to the cable which comes into my condo from the outside and put the cable through to the bedroom to hook up the to the computer in the bedroom. Or maybe the connection came to the bedroom from a splitter on the TV cable which is connected to the outside but its inside.?

My daughter had Rogers cable TV in her apartment. When she got Rogers internet for her computer, which was just on the other side of the living room wall where the TV cable came in, the tech put in a splitter and stapled the cable all along the baseboard and back around. They're not allowed to drill through walls.

It's true they won't drill through the walls. The technician who installed the Internet cable for me put the cable through the wall from the living room to the bedroom, becaause there was an existing big enough holel between the living room and the bedroom where the hot/cold pipes are several inches above the floor horizontally from the living room to the bedroom with extra space there. So the tech. did not need to drill through the wall. He put a cable from the living room cable to half way along the bedroom floor.

I Plan to Stick Around

@OLDYELLR wrote:

In my experience, Rogers techs have replaced any questionable connectors, splitters and cable runs, whether they are theirs or not. It just makes good business sense to maintain a good signal. If I called Rogers concerning a weak signal (snowy screen when it was analog) and got charged for a service call plus cable, connectors and a splitter, I'd be looking for another provider.

Good points. Its in Roger's interest to help customers have maintain a good signal to keep your business. I would think Rogers would try to help you if they could depending on what you want of course..  I think I would feel much the same as you in your examplel above. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i know its off topic but this will be a quick post

ive been to lots of apartment buildings, the newer ones usually have a cable tv line to each bed room and as well family room, not only that but they use a conduit in the walls so incase the wire breaks you could easily re-fish a new line.  ive also seen older apartments where they use crappy rg59 in the walls so the techs never use the existing wiring they always staple a new wire to the base boards, around the door trims, etc.

I've Been Around

anyone know how to find the lobby camera channel.  live in kitchener, cannot find it. was sure it is available.

thanks.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello ladyaoril_09

The Lobby channel should be 998. This is the channel i know it as. Check that & see.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I used a splitter to watch the lobby channel and it was working until a week ago. Now it no longer works and I can't figure out why. I talked to another resident of the building and she has the same problem.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If they changed the loby one from analog to digital.. it wouldnt show up via the splitter way.

have you checked on the digital box, same channel?