Issues with Stingray Music Channels (Graphics Late)

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Issues with Stingray Music Channels (Graphics Late)

@RogersShaun wrote:

Hi @dale55,

1.  Can you confirm if you're still having an issue with delayed song titles?  

2. And just to clarify, you're referring to OTA radio, not the Stingray stations on your cable box, correct?

Kind regards,

RogersShaun

1. The issue is still there. The graphics are incorrect for about 5-20 seconds into the song.  A song will start playing and the graphic with the artist/song/album lags by about 5-20 seconds.  There is no pattern to the amount of delay.

2. I thought that the thread title and earlier posts were all pretty clear. This is regarding the Stingray channels.

3. OTA channels don't have any graphics regarding the songs.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The issue is still there.  It's been happening for at least 2 months, starting sometime in March.

See my post above and post 1 for additional details.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I reminded Stingray of the issue and received the following response.

Thanks for your email and for letting us know about the syncing issue.

We are aware of an issue affecting the synchronization of the information on screen and the audio on Rogers. We've forwarded the information to our technical department as they are investigating the issue.

We hope it will be resolved as soon as possible.

Thanks you very much for taking the time to send us your email. We'll get back to you as soon as we have more details!

The Stingray Music Support Team

Hey @57,

Thanks for the update! 

I've actually been watching (or listening) to Stingray for a good while today, and I do notice there's a bit of lag between title updates, 10 or 15 seconds usually.

Allow me some time to look into it and see what can be done.

Thanks for your patience!

RogersShaun

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersShaun wrote:

Hey @57,

Thanks for the update! 

I've actually been watching (or listening) to Stingray for a good while today, and I do notice there's a bit of lag between title updates, 10 or 15 seconds usually.

Allow me some time to look into it and see what can be done.

Thanks for your patience!

RogersShaun

5 months after I initially reported it and 3 months after the last correspondence, this issue still exists. It's not a big deal, I just wonder why it's happening and why there's not a simple/quick fix.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I reported this issue of delayed graphics on Stingray channels a couple of years ago. The issue was NEVER resolved, but I just lived with a delay of a few seconds.  For the past week or so, the delay is now 30+ seconds.  Are others seeing this issue where a song starts playing but the graphics indicate it as "next" for about half a minute or more...  I just had one take 40 seconds! 

I usually listen/watch channel 726 (adult alternative), however, it happens on all the channels I watch/listen (712, 716, 719, 720, 721, 722, 723, 725, etc.)  Obviously it's not an earth-shattering problem, but it's a pain when you switch to a channel where the graphics and the song don't match for half a minute.

I'm a Senior Advisor

I haven't tuned to Stingray for some time, but just did and can confirm the delay.  Very annoying.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

After several back and forth e-mails with Stingray, this issue appears to have finally been resolved. Anyone wish to confirm that the graphics are now changing at the same time as the new song starts?

I'm a Senior Advisor

When @57 mentioned it above, I also saw the 30+ second delay. I don't listen to a lot of Stingray music, but just now checking 729 I saw the graphic change at the same time as the song. So it's working.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario