Issues with 8600HD

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Issues with 8600HD

I have got  8600HD box as rental with my new cable account!

To navigate gudie and change chanell is painfull slow, there is 1-3 seconds delay after I press button until it does soemthing.

Is it 8600HD newest box they are offering ?

***Added Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Issues with 8600HD

What exactly is this "8600HD"? Does it look like an 8300HD?

This is a SA8300HD, but it's a PVR

scientific_atlanta_8300hd_front_panel_diagram.gif

If it looks like that, but it's not a PVR, maybe Rogers has been re-badging failed PVRs as 8600HD.

In any case, the slow response you speak of is normal on my 8300HD.

BTW, the 8300HD is no longer offered by Rogers. It was just too easy to use.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Retired Moderator RogersNatasha
Retired Moderator

Hello 

I've Been Here Awhile

It is HD box , as per Natasha below it looks it newest box, does not look like it is huge 🙂

I've Been Here Awhile

I will try that , I know this box should not be PVR but it has hard drive ?

Retired Moderator RogersNatasha
Retired Moderator

You are correct, this is a non PVR box and does not have an active harddrive. 

Cheers

RogersNatasha 

I've Been Around

Has there not been any updates as of yet? I was ready to take my box in, as I figured there must be something wrong with it, but thought I would check first to see if there was a fix.  Mine seems to have gotten worse lately.

I just switched to Roger's, but I feel like this box is embarrssingly slow!  Do they not have a replacement box if they can't reslove the slow issue?  Or do I have to upgrade the box?  I tried the 4K box in the store, and it responded well, or as quickly as I would expect my cable box to.  I don't have a 4K TV, but maybe the HDPVR box would respond much better than what I have now.  I didn't get to test that one.

I generally don't flick channels, but it can certainly be annoying.  Not sure how slow everyone else's is, but mine seems to be random, anywhere between 1 to 4 seconds.  Often you hit the button a second time, thinking you missed it.

Hopefully the fix comes soon.  Maybe Roger's can give us a date?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The 8600's are 8642PVRs refurbished to be a regular HD box.

The other regular HD box, is the 4642.

Both of them, are a little underpowered.. and can be quite slow.

Comparatively, the 4k box, and the nextbox 3 (the 9865) are both MUCH faster overall in terms of response times, etc.

There really hasnt been much movement on those boxes.. Cisco droped out of the TV market.. so why you are seeing the 4k box be another brand, etc.
My hopes, are they are working with that company (or others) on a new generation box soon.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have the 8600HD box as well. It is unacceptably slow. It should not take 4 – 6 seconds for the guide to appear, or change a channel. It has been rebooted. Prior to the Navigatr “upgrade”, the response time from this box was acceptable. Is the 4642 box any better? I have the whole-home PVR, with a Nextbox 3.0. It works as one would expect. The 8600 is included as a free HD rental in my condo TV services. I’m told that if it’s swapped out for the Nextbox 3.0, I’ll have to pay $25 a month. Also unacceptable.

Is there any solution to this?

I've Been Around

Surely there must a fix for this extremely slow response by now, isn't there.  This is completely unacceptable and is for sure driving me towards an exit from Rogers after many decades!  Funny how Rogers is never slow with processing payments however.