Issues w/ Whole Home PVR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Issues w/ Whole Home PVR

A lot of the time the issues with it taking longer to come up, and it communicating, taking longer.. can be signal related.

It would be worth getting a tech out, to check the signals at all the boxes.  Could be as simple as replacing a spliter or cable , adding a booster, etc.

I'm Here A Lot

Rogers has got rid of whole home pvr now. Can't be added so if code gets removed from your account, you are out of luck. I have a new account # and can't get it anymore. Great job Rogers for getting rid of features. I will not ever be getting your ignite tv. I only left bell because rogers offered me a much cheaper price and I already own a bunch of boxes. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

First I have heard of that.. unless that is completely new.

Maybe its something that @CommunityHelps can look into and find out if its still available.

May just be lazy tech not wanting to install/phone person not wanting to push
(my experience most people on the USER side phone answering didnt know how to push it, vs the ones who answer when a tech calls in do).

Hello @Gdkitty and Community!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but @shawnie is correct in that we are no longer offering Whole Home PVR Service to Ontario customers (including the Hamilton area).

If you are an existing customer who already obtained this service prior to the change, you can continue to use the feature as normal. We will continue to provide technical support assistance if ever you need it.

**Please note: If ever you decide to move, we won’t be able to reinstall this service at your new address. 

For those of you who are/were interested in this service, we invite you to look at our Ignite TV options. Our new Ignite TV service includes cloud recording, which is a similar feature.

Thank you kindly for your understanding!! 🙂

RogersLaura

I'm Here A Lot

Why would you remove this feature as well as being able to record from computer or mobile. I understand you created ignite tv now but it is not even comparable to bells fibe offering. Do you really want people to leave Rogers because you are removing old features that people enjoy. It’s just not logical. People are not going to switch to ignite unless you get rid of digital cable completely.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The recording functionality was removed from the regular rogers apps, as well it is currently not available on the Ignite either.

My understanding, is that its from a legal battle over it.. someone claiming that its copywrited tech, etc.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@RogersLaura wrote:

Thank you kindly for your understanding!! 🙂

RogersLaura

Thank you kindly for understanding why I won't understand.

So does this mean that, say, if I drop $12 monthly on a new 4k box for my bedroom where I previously had a whole home enabled box, I will no longer be able to add the 4K box to the whole home network?

Because if this is the case, the box is going back tomorrow.  And if Bell ever gets off their butt and finishes their neighborhood upgrades, I'll be giving them a phone call in February when my discounts end.

I hesitate to say their was no warning, because I don't read my bills carefully enough, but I'm willing to bet this post was the first (and probably only) notice Rogers gave and was going to give about this.

I used to be an RE.  I used to be able to talk people through their frustration with Rogers.  Now, I'm starting to understand why people get so angry.

Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 in conversation