Issues w/ Whole Home PVR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Issues w/ Whole Home PVR

I have 2 devices that are set up for the Whole Home PVR:  Netbox 3.0 PVR and 4K Box.  I have had at least 3 service calls in the last 8 months as the connection between both devices gets disconnected.  The light on the 4K box go on and off and I cannot access the PVR.  About a month ago, I had our main buried cable replaced and the units were working fine.  Now they are disconnected with the lights flickering.

The support guys at Rogers tried to reset the boxes and went through the rigamarole of unplugging/replug to no avail.  They suggested another tech visit which I am not really keen on as it just wastes my day and the reliability is pretty bad.  Heck, even the techs that have come to my place say that it can be a pain to configure.

Why is Rogers selling this feature to customers if this is so problematic?  Am I the only person who is having this issue or this a wider problem that Rogers wants to keep quiet on.

What is needed to have this working properly?

Thanks

***Edited Labels***

Re: Issues w/ Whole Home PVR

Good afternoon @mahomed,

If the boxes keep disconnecting it really does defy the purpose of WHPVRRobot Sad. However we haven't been notified of any other customers experiencing something similar. How long have you had this issue for?  When was the last time you had a tech out for this specific issue? 

Anyone else in the Community experiencing this issue?

RogersZia

I have had this issue for several months and was hoping a new line drop would have fixed this. I had a tech come by 2 months ago for this issue.  It worked for a bit and it no longer does.

Hello @mahomed,

I see you have reached out to us via @CommunityHelps for troubleshooting purposes. We'll be happy to continue the assistance in PM.

RogersZia

I just got a standalone 4K PVR and it is much more responsive than the Whole Home was.

I've Been Here Awhile

I'm having same issue. Technician was stumped. Bumped it up to his supervisor and left. Now, for no obvious reason, it's working again.
I'm a Regular

@delbor wrote:
I'm having same issue. Technician was stumped. Bumped it up to his supervisor and left. Now, for no obvious reason, it's working again.

Sometimes the other boxes get out of sync with the PVR, but after a while they sync back up.  They usually resync after a new program is recorded (as I was told once).

Happens to me once in a while.  I just leave it and wait for it to re-sync.

I Plan to Stick Around

You just leave them alone and they magically fix themselves?  Our Whole Home PVR setup stopped working about a month ago and the PVRs have been functioning as individuals again, much to my wife's frustration (and my dismay).   I tried power cycling the NextBox 3.0 which I believe is the master (if there is one) and then the NextBox 2.0, but they did not sync back up. 

Is there a process of powercycling that has worked for others?   It is so frustrating when things stop working...  My own suspicion is that it has to do with a firmware update because I know I've seen two come through on the NextBox 2.0 between 10 and 11pm over the past month.  Why they would schedule a PVR to do an update and be unusable at that time is yet another issue - why not pick a time in the middle of the night?  But, I digress.

Does anyone know a method I can get things working again on my own without scheduling a tech to come out?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Intimidator wrote:

Is there a process of powercycling that has worked for others? 

By powercycling do you mean rebooting?  Try rebooting all the boxes.  When you reboot (unplug or using settings - troubleshooting, should have the boxes resynch by the next morning.

I'm Here A Lot

Same problem here... we've had this happening for months... rebooting and waiting for the box to update has worked to get the recorded list back so far but is very inconvenient as this happens at least once a week. We have also just started to notice that the guide works very sluggish lately and seems to get stuck sometimes.
Topic Stats
  • 16 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 in conversation