Is there an easier way to reboot Cisco 8642HD?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Is there an easier way to reboot Cisco 8642HD?

@stepy2015wrote:

Resetting a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD

We Have an old  Scientific Atlanta 8300HD we have used it for many years and now the hard drive is full. we also have scheduled series recordings we would like to reset.  I am wondering if there is any way to reset the Scientific Atlanta 8300HD and start fresh

The Navigatr firmware has an option to reset the box to factory settings. I don't believe that the SARA firmware utilized by the 8300 has that option.  I'm assuming you know that a factory reset will erase all recordings and settings in the box.  Can't you just erase the recordings you have?

I did find the following old information that may or may not work. You're not out anything if it doesn't work:

The Explorer 8300 has a fairly simple procedure to erase the drive (start clean). Note that this process will erase all scheduled programming and will cause the unit to reload all programming data from your cable provider. On the plus side, it will repair any fragmenting problems.

"Press and hold PAUSE until Mail led is lit. Press PAGE down or (-),
and then press LIST three times. Turn box off. When turned-on,
formatting will begin."

If it doesn't work, try calling Rogers and ask them to force a factory reset on that box. Just make sure you disconnect any other PVRs in the home so they aren't reset by mistake.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Did it cause any issues with the box after the format did you have to re authorize it
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@stepy2015 wrote:

Resetting a Scientific Atlanta 8300HD

We Have an old  Scientific Atlanta 8300HD we have used it for many years and now the hard drive is full. we also have scheduled series recordings we would like to reset.  I am wondering if there is any way to reset the Scientific Atlanta 8300HD and start fresh

If you just need to free up space for new recordings, press LIST, then B, , then select "Turn ON Auto Erase" which will automatically erase your oldest recordings to make space for new ones.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@stepy2015wrote:
Did it cause any issues with the box after the format did you have to re authorize it

I didn't do it. I just cut/pasted the instructions, which are quite old and I'm not sure if they work.  You shouldn't have to re-authorize.

As mentioned by @OLDYELLR, just go into your list and set your "save" options to say "one day" and all your recordings should be gone in a couple of days...  Once they're gone, just reset the save options to your preference.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I would like to know if anyone has tried to format the hard drive and how it went