Is it possible to fast forward by one minute?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm a Regular

Is it possible to fast forward by one minute?

Is it possible to fast forward by one minute? I remember many years ago I had a remote that actually had a "forward by one minute" button, but now I have the Rogers PVR remote and it doesn't have anything like that anymore.

Is it possible to somehow have a feature like this? For instance, is there a setting that can enable this? Or at worst, is there a remote I can buy that has something like this?

Thanks in advance!

***Edited labels***

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Is it possible to fast forward by one minute?

The FF on the new boxes is soooo ridiculously slow when compared to the older boxes.  The difference between pushing it once to pushing it to the max is barely noticable.  The fastest FF on the new boxes is slower than the slowest on the old boxes.   They even took out the 'skip to end' feature which was convenient at times and the slow-mo is gone too.

I'm a Regular

I'm using the old PVR though (about 2 years old) so I was wondering if that one had this feature or not.

I Plan to Stick Around

We recently moved to Rogers cable. One feature I can't find is the ability to skip ahead by a fixed time. This would be for recorded or paused shows. Is it not possible? I see a skip back button on the remote and of course you can fast forward. Page + does nothing so the older 3 minute skip does not work either. Could this be added or perhaps programmed with a Harmony remote?

Edit: Just called tech support. You cannot skip forward with the NB3. That is really disappointing.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@GaryKing wrote:

I'm using the old PVR though (about 2 years old) so I was wondering if that one had this feature or not.

Which old PVR? There's more than one.  I believe the Nextbox 3 (the newest one) has a 3 minute skip feature, but it's only useful for 3 minute commercial breaks. My old DVDR has a 30 second skip, which I became very familiar with and knew how much to skip recordings from various channels. There's nothing that sophisticated available on any PVR today. The best you can do is have an educated FF finger.  Of course, the technology exists to detect commercial breaks and skip them entirely, but don't expect that to become available.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario