Is anyone else missing any recordings recently?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

Re: Is anyone else missing any recordings recently?

Hello @jsorhaug 

I apologize for the issue you are having with your PVR recordings which may have been caused by a software update. Have you tried rebooting the box to see if it's able to record again? 

Please let us know Smiley Happy 

RogersHassam 

I Plan to Stick Around

Reboot, eh?  Many times.... Your organization is apparently working on a fix to this major/system wide issue that they apparently are aware of.  So I guess this is news to you? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It may be a known issue, but doesn't necessarily effect all users.

At this point if it is a rental, since it was wiped anyways, would be to swap it.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Interesting that they say this is a major/system wide issue. Something like this happened a few years ago with the 8300 HDPVR boxes. It caused recordings to be wiped out and a major issue causing the box to constantly spin up and down. Rogers was issuing the updates in stages but even after people reported these issues with HSUD and lost recordings, Rogers continued with the updates. By the time all was said and done, it took about a year to rectify all of the issues that had been created with a faulty update. I wish you luck! 

I Plan to Stick Around

Appreciate it doesn't affect all users - my comment was directed to the Rogers Rep. who perhaps should know about the issue?  I'll wait for a few more days to see if they restore the service. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks JohhnyRockets.... These Cisco boxes are ancient technology.....

Retired Moderator

Hello @jsorhaug,

We see on our end that customers are reporting this issue but a@Gdkitty stated, this wouldn't necessarily effect each and every customer. We still try troubleshooting to see if we can resolve Smiley Happy. Replacing the box is an option at this point.  

RogersHassam 

I'm a Trusted Contributor

That was not my point, though now that you mention it, even the 8642 is becoming out of date now. My point was the way that Rogers dealt with the issue back then and I do not think anything has changed in that respect! You can hope to get your recordings back but that is not likely going to happen. Personally, I would just exchange the 8642 for a 9865.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@jsorhaug wrote:

Hi Oldyellr,

It's a Netbox 8642HD rented from Rogers.  All my recordings were wiped about a week ago and box no longer can record new shows.  Called Rogers and they said the issue was caused by a software update they put through.....

If it's a rental and won't record anymore, Rogers should replace it. That sounds serious that Rogers would say it was caused by a software update. If whoever told you is correct, then there would be thousands of boxes out there that got zapped. Checking on the Rogers PVR forum on Digital Home I don't see anyone else reporting this problem. In any case, I would call Rogers and ask to get the box replaced. They will probably want to send out a tech.

(I have an 8300SD and an 8300HD and a few years ago the 8300SD lost all its recordings (before I had the HD). It was scary seeing an empty screen when I pressed LIST.  I thought it might have been caused by a power glitch. Anway, it was not a big deal because I'm not much of a hoarder and watch and delete my recordings within 2 or 3 days.)

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Retired Moderator

@jsorhaug you can either replace the box at the closest Rogers retail store or we can have a technician out to replace it. If you would prefer a tech, we can have CommunityHelps contact you to arrange a technician visit. Please let us know Smiley Happy

RogersHassam