Is anyone else missing any recordings recently?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Is anyone else missing any recordings recently?

Noooooooo!  We are missing recordings today, a whole bunch of shows I know for sure we had are just not there anymore!  I know some shows that are missing because folders with multiple recordings of them now have been reduced (they're not all there).   I haven't figured out if single shows or movies are missing yet, but I see the percentage went down from around 38% down to 22%.  That's a lot.  Awesome (sarcasm). 

Ours is the Nextbox 3.  I rebooted to no avail.

Edit to add:  Yup.  I'm finding single shows and movies have been deleted too!  Arrgh!

***Edited labels***`

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Re: Is anyone else missing any recordings recently?

Do you have a PVR extender that may no longer be working?

I Plan to Stick Around

maaaaybe? 

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Not_A_Fan_74 wrote:

maaaaybe? 

You probably don't.  An extender was an external HD that Rogers sold for the SA8300 and the Nextbox 2 to increase storage capacity.

I Plan to Stick Around

oh, sorry, I mean, we have an external hardrive extender, but don't know if it's the cause or the cable box.  That's kinda why I'm asking if anyone else is missing shows on their cable box.  Wondering if there was an update or some glitch or something that night that caused deletions or what... or if it was just us.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am not missing any.

The % can sometimes change on its own, based on any SHRINKING that has been done.

But things shouldnt disapear alltogether..

The extender brings up a good point.. that if the shows were ended up recorded on the extender.. and if it has failed.. that they are not showing up anymore.

I Plan to Stick Around

All the content on my Rogers PVR was wiped.  Rogers say's it's due to a software update from Rogers which failed.  It's been a week now.  Still no word from Rogers.  Rogers claims no ETA to get it fixed.  Box can no longer record shows either.  This is a HUGE issue.  Time to change to Bell? 

***Edited Labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Which PVR? Owned or rented? Does your PVR not work at all now, or are you waiting for Rogers to resurrect the lost recordings? Not sure if that can be done, at least not economically.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Nope - once Rogers wipes out your recordings, they are gone for good. We had it happen to us twice and the only solution was to exchange our PVR box! 

I Plan to Stick Around

Hi Oldyellr,

It's a Netbox 8642HD rented from Rogers.  All my recordings were wiped about a week ago and box no longer can record new shows.  Called Rogers and they said the issue was caused by a software update they put through..... They are working on a fix but couldn't provide an ETA nor any details of any sort.  Said they would call back in 24-48 hrs.  Very frustrating with the extremely poor communication by Rogers.  They classified this as a major issue but still no "official" word from them on it.