Is NFL Sunday Ticket no longer part of Super Sports Pack?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Is NFL Sunday Ticket no longer part of Super Sports Pack?

Super Sports pack same price?

Hi,

I have always gotten the sports pack and its been great (35 dollars a month). I just found out there is no NFL sunday ticket  (which I understand is not rogers fault). But why is the price the same? In the months of October to June there is NFL, NHL, NBA. You are losing a third of your content and not changing the price. They told me it would be 30 dollars a month for the month of October, but even that makes no sense if you don't have football. How can you honestly cut a third of the content and maintain the price. This makes zero sense.

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hello @liammo29,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums :)!

I can certainly see your concern and you make a valid point. We‘re still bringing you all the best weekly NFL matchups through your regular cable subscriptions. There are no changes to any NFL games airing on Sunday, Monday, and Thursday nights. You can also still watch Sunday afternoon games on the same networks as last season. 

You’ll be able to watch most of the games that used to be part of NFL Sunday Ticket with your regular channels and the updated Super Sports Pak. We’ve added the Canadian and United States time-shifting package to give you more games!

Feel free to reach out to us @CommunityHelps as well, we can take a closer look at some options for you!

For instructions on how our private messaging system works, check out this blog.

Cheers,

RogersCilio

I Plan to Stick Around

That doesn't really answer his question. Yes there's still games on regular cable packages, but because the Sports Package is $35.95 a month and no longer carries any NFL games then the price should be lowered. Pretty obvious. NFL Sunday Ticket by far the biggest attraction of the Sports Package.. and now no longer included.. then reduce the cost if most games are gonna be on regular cable. Not worth $35.95.

Majority baseball fans here watch the Blue Jays, which again ALL 162 of their games are televised on Sportsnet ... and for Leafs fans you also get every game on regular cable... (I could care less about the Leafs).... so ya basically no longer need the Sports Package if you not gonna have NFL games and can watch alot MLB,NHL on basic cable.

I no longer have Sunday Ticket as I watch the Jays all season regular cable, and now $20 month for DAZN I don't need the Sports Package for anything. If I did want it still for MLB or NHL then I would expect a lower price after you remove a major part of the package.
I've Been Here Awhile

"Always looking at how we can deliver more value to our customers". It's rather quite simple RogersZia, you lower thr price, add WANTED content or remove the commitment.

Rogers knew about this for months ahead but did a poor job planning. Almost like Rogers wast banking clients won't care enough to complain.

This wait n see reactionary strategy will cause a larger fallout vs Rogers continually communicating to all previous SSP subscribers about the changes and Rogers action plan.

When in doubt, ask you customers. They'll tell you want they want, which would give you more data to make an informed decision.

I did subcribe to see what was available and it was no where near my expectation and now looking to backout.

I switched from Bell to lower services this year for the SSP. Rogers shows approx 2 games in each time slot where Bell on the same package shows 3 so it's disappointing.
I've Been Here Awhile

Hello RogersCilio,

You completely danced around the question with more words than required. That's unfortunately a sign of "we're not sure what will happen or we didn't expect this fallout".

I've been looking around for reactions and it's on social media and other outlets. People understand it's when the NFL sells it's streaming rights away. What we don't understand is how Rogers believes they're giving you more value and would publicly write that on less content?

Shame on folks for thinking their clients are delusional or don't care to this degree. I undersrand you don't make decisions for Rogers but you shouldn't defend what's clearly absent as that doesn't move the chains forward.

Rogers is looking at 3rd and long with many SSP subscribers and I'm hoping they come up big in a play here before folks start asking for trades.

I came back to Rogers for the SSP so you can imagine my disappointment on thr bad news.
I Plan to Stick Around

NFL apologizes to Canadians for ‘inadequate’ DAZN service

http://m.torontosun.com/2017/09/11/nfl-apologizes-to-canadians-for-inadequate-dazn-service
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for the response but that wasn't my question at all. First off, you say I can get all the 'good' match ups. But that is not a fair statement as I want Saints game which are rarely televised. So no, I can't get all the good match ups.

But my question is simple, the sports pack was 35 a month with NFL, NHL, NBA. It loses NFL, 1/3 of its content, and keeps the price the same. This makes no sense! Like absolutely no sense

I Plan to Stick Around

yes terrible to charge same

I Plan to Stick Around

I totally agree. Recently they taken off NFL Sunday package from there Super Sports Pak. The price is still same, no reduction. Now i see they have the NFL games on individual Package called FTB  ,which makes no sense at all if I'm paying for the same Price last year without NFL Sunday Package. I feel it's unfair to the consumers, and something needs to be done. They should either reduce the price of the Sports Pak now that NFL Sunday package if off, or show the NFL games on the Super Sports Pak. What is FTB i see NFl games showing on there.

Good day @Partheon,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Rogers Community. 

As a true football fan, I understand you want to have access to all of the NFL games aired.

Good news! NFL Sunday Ticket returned to Rogers yesterday. Smiley Wink

The cost is $129.99 for the rest of the 2017 season. However, playoffs are not included.

NFL Sunday Ticket lets you watch regular season games not shown on cable networks like CTV or TSN.

In previous NFL seasons, it was included with the Super Sports Pak. This season, we are offering it as a standalone package. Here’s what else you need to know:

• You cannot order it through your TV remote control. You must contact Rogers to place the order.
  • Please note that you must have an High Definition set-top box to watch the games. 
  • Games airing on TSN1 – TSN5 are not included in the package.

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude