cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insignia Fire TV and Rogers Streaming Services - Channel 100

falcios
I'm an enthusiast

I have an Insignia Fire TV that has access to WIFI and I can stream shows and movies. I have a Rogers cable modem box with a coax connection that streams on channel 100.

When I go to channel 100 using Rogers cable box, the screen and sound start breaking up and it's impossible to watch.

Any ideas how I can get Rogers streaming services to work with my Fire TV? 

Thanks in advance.

***Edited Labels***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Insignia Fire TV and Rogers Streaming Services - Channel 100

RogersMoin

Hello, @falcios.

Thank you for being a member of our Community; we are glad you have posted your concern here. 

The audio and video distortion can definitely hinder the viewing experience. You mentioned Rogers cable modem, coax connection, cable box, channel 100 and streaming service which creates a little confusion. 

Would you mind clarifying this further for us:

• I assume you connected a legacy TV set-top box to your TV. What’s the connection between the box and the TV? Is it a coax or an HDMI?
  • Tuning into channel 100 will provide your On Demand programming. Do the other channels work fine?

It’s also possible that you may have the Ignite WiFi Gateway modem with Ignite Streaming service. However, it does not use channel 100 for streaming. 

We look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Yes, I have the legacy box with a coax connection. Channel 100 gives me Rogers on Demand. Other channels work fine. I don't have the Ignite WIFI Gateway modem.

Do you have cable boxes with an HDMI connection without Ignite TV? If so, can you send me a link as to what the box looks like?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

What is the exact make and model of your current Rogers box?  All of the HD boxes that Rogers currently use for Legacy Digital Cable have HDMI connections.  I'm not sure what difference an HDMI connection would make regarding On Demand.  I suspect you may have other issues with the box or with the signal coming to your home.  Channel 100 is what's called an On-Demand channel.   Was this channel working for you previously?

Here's a list of Rogers boxes.  HD (and 4K) boxes would have HDMI while the SD boxes would not. You can search for them on the web to see what they look like.  These are also for sale on say Kijiji or ebay.   See second link below:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/guidelines-for-selling-and-buying-a-used-rogers-terminal-in-ontar...

https://www.kijiji.ca/b-ontario/rogers-cable-boxes/k0l9004

Rogers is phasing out Legacy Digital Cable and migrating everyone over to IgniteTV, so these boxes won't be active for much longer.  See the following post regarding the purchase of used boxes - be very careful since many will not be authorized by Rogers because they were rentals and are considered stolen:

https://www.digitalhome.ca/threads/guidelines-for-selling-and-buying-a-used-rogers-terminal-in-ontar...

With Rogers phasing out Legacy Digital Cable, they are typically unwilling to do a lot of troubleshooting on that system. If people run into problems, Rogers typically now recommends that you migrate to IgniteTV.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation