Input signal strength low?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Input signal strength low?

Hello;  I just recently upgraded my stereo receiver and all my connections go through it via hdmi.  I'm finding that some of the channels are weak in signal, picture and sound cutting in and out.  I do not have a splitter on this line.

I upgraded the coax cable to RG6 as well.

I'm thinking this particular line has a signal issue. All other TV's in the house are fine.

Any suggestions?  Can Rogers check the signal strength on my line to the house remotely or does a tech have to come to the house.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Input signal strength low?

Tech support can remotely check the signal levels on each modem (TV, Home phone, Internet).  You can also see those levels via the connected TV.  I will leave that for others to explain as each model of cable modem is probably different in terms of accessing the info.

I've Been Here Awhile

All other TV's,internet are fine. It is just the TV in the basement that has this issue. It has its own cable line in with no splitters.  

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There would still be a splitter.. SOMEWHERE.  At the elec box where it comes into the house, or even then outside at the rogers box there.

Its possible that one of those connections is bad.. or even just an inline connector somewhere.

Calling in is your best first bet.  

They can confirm bad levels, etc... and then shedule a tech.. who can then look at all the connectors, etc.