Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

I am so very disappointed that Home Edition is being dropped.  I am a seasonal camper on the Bruce Peninsula and it was a lifeline for this 70+ single lady.  The TV guide was wonderful, especially when Toronto newspapers were unavailable.  The channel numbers were listed as at home.  This other app has a numbering system that makes no sense, and does not match up with what I would expect to be seeing.  Now I won’t be able to PVR end of season shows that I have been following, or various TV specials that I would like to be able to catch up on.  Some neighbours were quite envious that I had such an option with my cable provider.  Do I dare attempt to request a lowering of my monthly bill because a BIG part of my service is going to disappear?   Also, why does this service still seem to be available in Atlantic Canada?

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

They are as usual up to something to charge more if you want this service!
I Plan to Stick Around

I am asking for discount and if it is not available just escalate to Ombudsman, CRTC removing an integral option on your cable subscription and then expecting you to pay the same amount is naive of Rogers.
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers seems to be getting worse in recent years.

I have sent this matter to Ellen Roseman, at the Toronto Star.  We'll have to see what she has to say.

I Plan to Stick Around

I think If the CRTC forces them to reduce the price of cable package for removing a so called free service they will just pay whoever they have decided not to pay to keep option. Taking back this remote option is obviously about saving Rogers money. Look at the prices they are charging in other areas knowing they are gouging the market. The company just trying to save money make the same amount and offer less service. Taking away most convenient part of the Whole Home PVR experience.
I've Been Here Awhile

Really?  I can control my PVR with the remote in front of my TV?  Wow!  How 1980s! Booo!  This sucks. 

I've Been Around

Just got the email too.

What an absolutely awful decision
The ability to schedule programs or sports when I’m out and realize I won’t be home to watch them is a feature I use regularly.

Eliminating it will simply mean missing more programs and events I want to watch, thereby giving me further reason to cut the cord all together

Wow. Awful move!
I've Been Around

Really stupid.   When will Rogers actually provide useful customer service?

I've Been Around

@tonyyng1 wrote:

I just got this email:

Starting on May 31, 2018, the Rogers Anyplace TVTM Home Edition app will no longer be available, which means you will no longer be able to set and manage your PVR recordings on your mobile device.
While the ability to control your PVR from your mobile device is going away, it's still easy to set and manage your recordings using your Rogers TV remote at home.

I tried taking my TV remote to work but I couldn't schedule a recording with it.  What's the range on this thing?!

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers, the company that keeps on taking (away).

There is something odd with this decision and they should be upfront with their customers if it was something they could not control. But I can only assume they just decided to cut the PVR Recording feature to spite their customers, because this is what I expect from Rogers. I, too, always use it when away. My wife will especially not be happy.

Oh, and can I say how condescending the email was that states "its still easy  to set and manage your recordings using your Rogers TV remote at home"? Duh. "Still" easy.. as in they may screw something up there to make it more difficult in the future? Who wrote this? It's obvious they took away a key feature customers use when they are AWAY from home, not in front of their TV.

Topic Stats