Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

So reducing services and replacing them with Rogers Anyplace app that does not work is another " well played" move by a company with a shrinking customer base.
Letting the main competition out shine Rogers with Apps that actually work seems to not be a problem for Rogers.
Now the Anyplace App does not work if you read remarks on Google play it freezes the audio turns off and the App tries to tell you that your out of country.
These issues are not new taking an App like Home Edition away and taking away the ability to remotely control the PVR is a step backwards. Of course the reduction in service will not be reflected in cost reduction. Rogers also is eliminating the Apps on the Rogers Home Monitoring system. Basicly reducing services gives customers no choice but to look for alternate providers.
So as far the Anyplace App still not working on Android could a moderator please have the unstable app remarks addressed on Google play. So far you get referred to Twiiter who ask you ridiculous questions as if your just imagining the app does not work. It does not work and it is a shame that Rogers insist on making Rogers customers Beta test and trouble shoot known issues full well knowing the problems lie in the App.

***Edited Labels***

I've Been Around

Re: Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

I just got this email:

Starting on May 31, 2018, the Rogers Anyplace TVTM Home Edition app will no longer be available, which means you will no longer be able to set and manage your PVR recordings on your mobile device.
While the ability to control your PVR from your mobile device is going away, it's still easy to set and manage your recordings using your Rogers TV remote at home.

Really?  "Don't feel bad because we're not taking away your remote."

I hated it when you took away the web app to schedule recordings.  Now you're taking away the only other method, other than to sit down at the TV and try to search with the remote and a lousy interface?

Things are really going downhill...

I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Important notice about the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app = Feature going away

@tonyyng1wrote:

I just got this email:

Starting on May 31, 2018, the Rogers Anyplace TVTM Home Edition app will no longer be available, which means you will no longer be able to set and manage your PVR recordings on your mobile device.
While the ability to control your PVR from your mobile device is going away, it's still easy to set and manage your recordings using your Rogers TV remote at home.

Really?  "Don't feel bad because we're not taking away your remote."

I hated it when you took away the web app to schedule recordings.  Now you're taking away the only other method, other than to sit down at the TV and try to search with the remote and a lousy interface?

Things are really going downhill...

Yes, I am wondering what the management of Rogers is thinking. First they subjected us to NAVIGATR which, in my opinion was a step backward because of all the things that they removed from the previous interface. And there is no reason because it seems that Rogers has some information or functionality which they have decided not to give us for no reason other than they don't want to. As for the Home edition app, it is an app that is already available and useful. So now they want to take it away arbitrarily. Do they believe in customer service? It is really upsetting that a company like Rogers treat its customers like this! Keep it up and Bell will be the big winner.

I Plan to Stick Around

Well isn't this special. Always used the app for scheduling and now Rogers wants me to turn on the TV just to set a recording. I guess that way there's more eyes on the network so they can charge the advertisers more money. With the app I didn't have to see commercials just to set a schedule. And they say it's easy from your TV, bollocks. I have a home theatre set up and I have to turn all that on just to set a recording.

This really sucks, makes me think the other providers might be a better choice. I will be looking into it.

Come on Rogers.

I'm a Senior Contributor

What a frustrating experience this has been. First, we were able to remotely program our PVR by signing into Anyplace  TV on any computer and using any browser. Then, in its infinite wisdom, rogers revamps the Anyplace TV Website, restricts logging in to one browser, and removes the ability to program our PVR. The following statement still appears: "Soon you'll be able to manage your recordings from your desktop and mobile devices. But for now, you can still use the Rogers Anyplace TV Home Edition app to record your favourites." It has been at least 6 months and counting and rogers has done zilch. 

I too received the email that Anyplace TV Home Edition was being removed. How stupid is this, and then they inform us that we can still manage our PVR by using the remote and the useless Navigatr on our TV.  What does rogers not understand? Navigatr only shows programming for 1 week in advance. When you take an extended vacation (I am a snowbird), having the ability to set recordings remotely  and then getting home and being able to watch those programs was just great. I have no idea what we will do now, but getting rid of rogers is moving closer to the top of our list. 

I'm a Senior Advisor

This can really be only one of three things:

1. Eliminating this functionality creates a different ion they can use to push people to the new Ignite TV product (whenever that shows up)

2. Rogers is admitting defeat in getting it to work properly with their new app.

3. Rogers really doesn't care about losing tv customers to Big Blue???

Whatever the reason, yeah,this is not a smart play by Rogers. As I've posted here before,and I'll say it again...if Bell could give me more than 10mb speed on the internet side, I.would have jumped to Fibe years ago.
I'm a Senior Advisor

This is a terrible decision by Rogers. Corporate suicide?

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I'm a Senior Contributor

@OLDYELLRwrote:

This is a terrible decision by Rogers. Corporate suicide?

It is also tells me what a horrid company that rogers has become. They care nothing about customer service. I think it is time to move on and this is the clincher

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

This "Manage PVR" issue has been smoldering for quite a while now - it's been just over 7 months since "Manage PVR" was removed from the Web version and has been stated as "coming soon".  In the US, TiVo won a patent issue with Comcast and Rogers is "tied" to the Comcast technology.

It looks like this has now made its way into Canada and Rogers is either being forced to comply with the "injunction" or is not willing to pay money for the rights to use this technology.  There are several useful posts regarding this issue that were posted by @BS and here's one of them.

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/my-guide-amp-manage-my-pvr-missing/m-p/415426#M45144

I really don't know what I'll do if this stops working as I'm away from home several times a year for several weeks at a time.  The "remote control for my PVR" is of no use during those times.  I have not yet received the e-mail in question, but I know several people who have.

Here's more on the topic on the following page:

http://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/TV/my-guide-amp-manage-my-pvr-missing/td-p/304048/page/46

I'm Here A Lot

Shame shame on Rogers.  This app was so helpful and I used it every single day.  It was particularly helpful if I was away and could make sure I PVRd shows I did not want to miss.  And they call themselves a technology company?  This surely is a step backwards.  I can manage Netflix from my computer, iPad or iPhone so I guess I’ll be thinking of dumping my Rogers cable.

dariad
What's New
Rogers MyWiFi App

The Rogers MyWiFi beta is now running. We also have a contest running for participates. Join the discussion HERE.

BARE KNUCKLE FC 3: Takeover Live
Saturday October 20, 2018
LIVE: 9:00pm ET
Channel: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD)
Price: $39.99 HD | SD | Ignite TV

Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship, the oldest and newest combat sport, will crown a heavyweight champion during their newest event The Takeover.

Topic Stats