Image Freezing on all channels

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Image Freezing on all channels

in the last week all channels are starting to freeze on my PVR.  It is like someone pauses the show and then presses play again.  Annoying to say the least is anyone experiencing the same symptoms

Having to power the PVR down and up weekly to make sure it keeps the recording schedule was bad enough.  Now this is really testing my faith in this outfit.

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Image Freezing on all channels

Its not likely the box (though still possible). Usualy freezes/stuttering, can be signal strength issues.

While nothing may have changed in your house to cause this, there are other external factors which could have, etc. (outside, the street, new housing in the area, etc).

Give tech support a call, they can get a tech out to test the signal strength to the boxes, etc.  Install a booster or replace cables as necessary.

I've Been Around

Live in Ottawa in  a condo

I am very tech savy and Have  beeen experiencing the same problem since  last september.  It is  definitly the   rogers signal that is weak/jumpy.  I expect that the move to HD and the  internet has limited the  bandwidth they can  push down the  pipe.

Given that the co ax cable to most homes has not been upgraded in 20-25 years they have a huge problem as old cable plays  havoac on the band wirdth. I am on the board of  directors for the condo and I am seriously considering  recommending that all 200 units  switch over to bell . THis  type of service is  totally unacceptable dont put up with it.......

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Problem is with your issue geegee, is that if it is indeed a sinal issue , and it stems from the cables INSIDE the building, it is not up to Rogers to fix. Rogers (or any providers) responsibility is only to the outside of the building, and from the wall to the box. Anything else in the end is the owners responsibility. So it would be up to the condo itself to replace the cabling if it was the problem.

I'm Here A Lot

If this started in early September it sounds like an issue connected to the SARA upgrade of that time - see "Guide Issues" and "Hard Drive spinning up" threads.

It's a software problem.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Norman_C wrote:

If this started in early September it sounds like an issue connected to the SARA upgrade of that time - see "Guide Issues" and "Hard Drive spinning up" threads.

It's a software problem.

Yup - the freezing, stuttering, and pausing (either during "live" TV or while playing back a recorded show is all related to the new SARA firmware update in September. It is not your PVR; it is not a signal issue (uless you already had a prior signal issue). We have found that the best solution until there is a fix applied is to leave the PVR box turned on 24/7. This prevents the constant spinning and up and down (HSUD) which is what is causing the other problems. Suggest you have a look at this:

http://www.digitalhome.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=156392

I've Been Around

I am in Kitchener, do not have a PVR just the digital box and am experiencing the same problem now since November. I've tried Bell and the customer service was so bad that I will never try them again. Their service is no better and more expensive in the end than Rogers who have been willing to reimburse me for time lost with my TV freezing and pixelating as well as my internet and home phone constant interrupts. Changing your service provider seldom solves the problem long term; just trades one annoying problem in for another. Good luck to all who are having this problem.
I'm an Advisor

Hello @ADHD,

@ADHD wrote:
I am in Kitchener, do not have a PVR just the digital box and am experiencing the same problem now since November. I've tried Bell and the customer service was so bad that I will never try them again. Their service is no better and more expensive in the end than Rogers who have been willing to reimburse me for time lost with my TV freezing and pixelating as well as my internet and home phone constant interrupts. Changing your service provider seldom solves the problem long term; just trades one annoying problem in for another. Good luck to all who are having this problem.

I am in Brampton (410N/Bovaird) and am not seeing this problem (1 x HD Terminal, 2 x NextBox 2 HD PVRs, 1 x NextBox 3 HD PVR and 2 x DTA-50s). 

I recommend you give Rogers a call (1-888-ROGERS-1) and get a technician out to check your wiring and other accessories. Good luck, I hope this works out for you!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ADHD wrote:

With the other interuptions, ontop of what his happening with the TV, i almost gaurantee that its a signal issue.

This usually can be solved with a tech visit out to the house.

Retired Moderator RogersHassam
Retired Moderator

@Gdkitty and @robindp, thanks for your assistance! 

Hi @ADHD,

Welcome to the Community! 

I would like to assist in resolving the issues you are having. I am going to send you a PM via @CommunityHelps as we need to login to your account and run some diagnostic tests on your lines. Please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Thanks, 

RogersHassam 

Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 12 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 11 in conversation