Ignite TV having problems connecting to platform - RDK-03033

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Ignite TV having problems connecting to platform - RDK-03033

In Markham (postal code starts with L6B) and having issues with Ignite TV "connecting o the platform" error message RDK-03033 for 30 mins now (I guess no TV tonight).  Coincidentally, SpeedTest is showing very slow internet speeds (downloads topping at 5.5Mbps.  Is this a local issue or something broader.   Everything seems to slow down starting at 10:00pm every night.  

Re: Ignite TV having problems connecting to platform - RDK-03033

Good morning @eltee21!

Welcome to our Community!

I am sorry to hear that your TV wasn't working last night... Sunday is the week's big night for TV, so let's look into this together and see if we can get you back up and running before the big night!

If you're still having issues with your TV, please reach out to us @CommunityHelps. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I've Been Here Awhile

still having problems this afternoon. rebooted the machine and the "Welcome, Connecting to your entertainment experience" has been there for at least 40 mins. I'll send a PM
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Personal opinion I wouldn't fight with the Xi6 set top box.  If you're up to setting up the box from  scratch call the nearest Rogers store and ask if they have any Xi6's in stock and if they need a work order in order to swap it.  If they to need a work order in the system, call Customer Service and ask the Customer Service Rep to file a work order so that you can swap the box.  

Now the interesting part would be if you happened to swap the box and still had the same problem.  That would point to an account problem or possibly to signal issue with the modem.  

If you're not up to setting up the Xi6, call tech support and ask for assistance.  They should be willing to dispatch a tech, at no cost to swap the box.  

My thoughts on this are possibly a corrupted firmware file, an account issue or a modem signal issue.  Swapping the box should take it out of the mix, leaving any possible account or modem signal issues. 

Fwiw, that RDK warning is a Reference Design Kit warning.  That's a software language designed to run systems such as cable broadband receivers.  Was tech support able to tell you exactly what the warning indicates?

https://rdkcentral.com/

I've Been Here Awhile

Issue keeps happening every day.  I think the root cause is inconsistent Internet quality (I'm on Ignite 150).  One moment I'm getting 40mbps, another moment I'm barely getting 5mbps, and last night internet was intermittent.  This morning, turned on the TV at 7am and same issue.  Basically the experience can best be described as owning a lemon car.  I have an open ticket to fix an outside line (of course when I did the install a month ago, everything was perfect).  A word of caution to any new installs to make sure your Internet is top notch or else things will start falling down (seeing a similar theme on other postings).

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Yeah.. sounds like it might be.

That is the major downside to this system, that if there is an internet issue.. you can loose TV as well.

My internet is pretty rock solid.  Since I switched to the new modem and the 500u plan.. i have had maybe 3-4 instances of having to reboot the modem.
But otherwise, its pretty rock solid.  I can regularly get 500+ on speed tests.

I've Been Around

I've only had ignite for a couple of weeks and twice now, have no service in the TV in the bedroom. First time I unplugged the box a few times and nothing. Woke up the next morning and it was working fine. Tonight no service, after I unplugged it came on fine. I have ignite 150 and find the picture does freeze from time to time. Never had that happen on regular Rogers. I will see if this continues and may go back to regular Rogers, till they get all the bugs worked out

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Most likely, its your internet signal.

Compared to regular rogers TV which runs off the cable to each room, these run off wifi.
If the wifi signal to that room isnt up to spec, getting interference, etc.. that it could have issues.

Not sure how/what the setup is in your place..

When I had mine installed, had them put in the erro mesh network, to ensure that am getting wifi signal to all spots in the house.

Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 5 in conversation