Ignite TV - Teletoon East not in HD in Barrie despite being advertised as HD?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV - Teletoon East not in HD in Barrie despite being advertised as HD?

Hello,

I am an Ignite TV customer from the Barrie, Ontario area. I seem to be having an issue with one of the channels. Teletoon East (Channels 51 & 204 in Barrie) is showing the SD feed instead of the HD feed as advertised on the Rogers Ignite Channels webpage:

https://www.rogers.com/web/consumer/ignite-bundles/channels

I am not sure how long Teletoon East on Ignite has been using the SD feed instead of the HD feed but I'm guessing since sometime last week when the day before I switched to Ignite from Cable, when Teletoon HD on the Cable service had an outage and the white screen with "Broadcaster technical difficulties" replaced programming.

I've already contacted Ignite support on this yesterday and even was given a support ticket number in which the support person said someone from Rogers would text me about the problem. Still haven't received the text but I do have the reference number and the transcripts from that chat.

If anyone needs pictures or evidence of channels 51 & 204 being on SD feed instead of HD feed, I can provide that.

But yeah when will this problem be solved?

***Added Labels***

Re: Ignite TV - Teletoon East not in HD in Barrie despite being advertised as HD?

Hi @BMan78

I love Teletoon so I'd be rather bummed out if it wouldn't come through in HD too. 

In a situation like this, it typically takes up to 48 hours for us to provide the first update. You should receive a text message update within that period of time.

If you've exceeded this period of time, please PM us @CommunityHelps so we can take another look for you and see if there are any pending updates. If you're not familiar with our PMing process, you can find instructions here.

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation