Ignite TV Feedback

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Ignite TV Feedback

I just received an offer for Ignite tv which would cost me the same as what I pay now for cable and internet. I currently have the 1 gig plan.

if it matters the tv is about 10 feet away from the modem.

So my question is can I get an honest as possible answer about the reliability and quality of Ignite tv.

Basically I want to know is it worth switching or not.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.

***EDITED LABELS***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Ignite TV Feedback

I suggest you check out the IgniteTV forum, link below:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/bd-p/IgniteTV

There is already lots of feedback in those threads.  I suggest you make a list of "must haves" and make sure it'll meet your needs.  There were definitely some teething pains, but they are mostly gone, provided the installation is done properly and you have a good signal at your home.

Rogers Employee EhmTeeEhf
Rogers Employee

I am using ignite tv by wifi only since beta at work on 5g wifi. No issues for me at all. My TV is over 20 feet away and around a corner. I've had zero issues. I was skeptical as well. Just make sure your modem is in a non cluttered place and it will be fine. I use gigabit internet and stream to twitch. While online gaming and my TV is perfectly clear no issues
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks, I appreciate your response 

I've Been Here Awhile

Up to 86 Flex but not less?? Wrong Favourites Designation. I just recently switched to Ignite and there are a lot of things that I like about it … especially the convenience of voice remote ... but there are two things that I REALLY would like to see changed.

1- My package includes "up to" 86 Flex Channels … and I've went through them and ONLY WANT 43 of them … why must I clog up my "Free to Me" list with the other 43 that I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER want to watch ?

2- Many channels appear multiple times in the Guide … and (from my PVR days where I could blank/skip the above channels) …  I like to keep (for example) all the sports channels together so I choose Sportsnet/TSN groups as Favourites down in the guide where they are all together … but when I look at Favourites … 22 Sportsnet and 30 TSN appear in the listing instead of as part of the grouping I chose them as favourites within.  Why can't I choose WHERE/WHICH channel my Favourites appear in my guide as ?  It would allow me to "group" channels (FX&FXX, E!/Lifetime/W etc.) together instead of simple chronological order that makes no sense.

Hi @OldFatUgly,

Thank you for participating in the Rogers Community Forums! We appreciate the post! 🙂

We love hearing feedback from our customers as it helps us gain a better understanding of what they are looking for when it comes to their products and services. Although we do our best to provide a good mix of content for our Flex Channels and keep ahead of the curve when it comes to the demands of today's market, it can certainly be a challenge at times! We are consistently looking for ways to improve our Ignite TV features and guide, so thank you for your input. 👍

We appreciate your business and will be more than happy to forward your feedback along to the appropriate folks for review and consideration.

Cheers!
RogersLaura

I've Been Here Awhile

Why are PVR recordings and schedules text when On demand/ Crave etc are icon/pic ??
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

That is an interesting question.

A lot of the interface, is driven by Comcast in the US.. how they have it set up, etc.. as Rogers is using their software.

This is my GUESS at least from how I see it.
On demand, crave, etc..  if you look at all those interfaces.. they all seem to mimic each other... all mimicking how Netflix started doing it.  I can see when just browsing around, trying to decide what to watch.. having the visual box art there, may help sway a decision?

But why is that not there on recordings?  I guess in most cases, you KNOW what your going in there for to watch?

On the last iteration of the Digital TV boxes, it actually DID go this way, having the box are showing.
And do you want to know what one of the biggest complaints we here on the forums here about it when it came out? That people didnt want it there, and just wanted it listed.  
So that may have swayed the decision a little?

I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks. I’m only 10 days into Ignite and my previous post here are my only real concerns but (as you said) I got used to my Digital PVR (Crave was menu there) and I really like the pic better (even if I’m in minority) 😀